Looking for a board-certified/board-eligible General Anesthesiologist to join our growing practice in Grand Rapids, MI.
ABOUT THE PRACTICE:
Founded by anesthesiologists, APC is a privately held, physician run practice with patient care at the heart of everything we do. APC is comprised of over 100 physicians, 80 anesthetists, and an excellent administrative team and in-house billing department. With over 100 sites in West Michigan, there is an excellent balance of personally performed cases and supervision. When it comes to your career track, APC partners with each clinician to offer the path that fits your lifestyle.
ABOUT THE AREA:
Come be a part of a community that is consistently ranked as one of the Best Places to Live in the United States. With an affinity for the arts, award winning craft breweries, a strong and stable job market, affordable living, top ranked school systems, and some of the best outdoor recreational activities in the U.S – Grand Rapids has something for everyone! Join us and experience all four seasons in our growing and thriving city, not far from Lake Michigan!
- Certification from the American Board of Anesthesiology
- Desire to research and advance the field.
- Compassionate attitude with a focus on outstanding patient care.
- Must display a high level of understanding and patience when dealing/working with patients
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Effective problem solving ability
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Assesses and monitors physiological and psychological needs of the patient to formulate an adequate anesthetic plan
- Manage and administer anesthesia during surgical procedures
- Monitor, manage, and treat changes in patient functions during operations, including breathing, hear rate and blood pressure
- Monitor conditions of patients before, during, and after anesthesia to look out for adverse reactions
- Communicates with other members of the health care team in order to ensure continuity of care and coordination of services
- Coordinate and direct a team of nurses, medical technicians, and other healthcare professionals
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities as requested or required.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate literature and attending relevant conferences, seminars, etc.
- Maintains professional demeanor and positive attitude with staff and patients
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to be on his/her feet for approximately 4 hours out of a typical 8 hour shift. Employee must be physically able to transport patients as needed in a given 8 hour shift and would be required to lift and/or position patient’s head and shoulders, which on average would weigh between 35-40 pounds.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, veteran status, or disability status.