Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers has a hospital-employed opportunity for a full-time BE/BC Geriatric Internal Medicine or Geriatric Family Medicine physician who genuinely loves to work with patients in skilled and long term care nursing facilities. This position will be supportive of true geriatric practice, in variety of possible settings (your preference!) including office (if desired), assisted living, subacute care facilities and inpatient care. We’re also connected to a community hospice & home. The framework, a large patient population out of many facilities, is already in place with a rapidly growing Geriatric & Hospice team. We are a well-established, independent community hospital with long-standing Emergency and Radiology Departments with great reputations. Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers has been dedicated to improving the health of area residents since 1906 and helps support several long term care and skilled nursing facilities in the surrounding communities.
Guaranteed Base Salary + Starting Bonus ($25K), plus yearly Quality & Productivity Bonus, Relocation Assistance ($8K), Medical Education Loan Repayment Assistance ($20K yearly), Annual CME & Practice Expense Allowance ($3K each), Group Health (50% discount, for you and your dependents), Life, and Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan w/matching, Paid Time Off (accrue 5wks in years 1-4, goes up to 6wks after 5th anniversary), paid gym membership and Wellness Incentive.
About the Hospital:
- For THREE years in a row, we’ve been listed on Becker's Hospital Review's "100 Great Community Hospitals" list (2018, 2017, 2016) and recipient of The Advisory Board Company’s 2017 Workplace of the Year Award, an annual award that recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. (2017)
- Access to friendly partners and great specialists - medical staff of more than 200 physicians covering 38 specialties (including 25 PCPs), who provide great quality care to patients in the surrounding 7 zip codes and 11 communities that represent over 170,000 residents in our service area. Renowned Patient Transportation System available at no charge to patients - done all through our dedicated 630 volunteers since 1998.
- Level II Trauma Center, Level II Perinatal Care Provider, Primary Stroke Certified and we are part of an Accountable Care Organization, since 01/2015.
- Our advanced imaging services provide comprehensive diagnostic and interventional therapies, plus our hospital offers 24/7 STEMI Coverage with state-of-the-art Cardiac Cath Lab, Dialysis, radiation therapy services and much more!
- Winner of 11, 5-Star Physician Engagement Awards for scoring in the top 10% of Professional Research Consultant's national client database based on the percentage of physicians who rated Morris Hospital "excellent" in these categories: Pathology Services, Physician Engagement, Radiology Services, As a Place to Practice Medicine, Emergency Services, Laboratory Services, Patient Safety, Quality of Care, Surgical Services, Anesthesia Services, Hospitalist Services. Top Performer award for Nursing Care. (‘17).
Communities and Schools: Our service area includes close knit, family-oriented communities with excellent education and employment opportunities and beautiful neighborhoods to raise children. Additionally, Grundy County is experiencing an unprecedented amount of new investments and economic opportunities. You’re centrally located to be close to the city, or surrounded by nature! When you work at Morris Hospital, we are confident that you won’t be sitting in traffic on the way to and from the office. And yet, whenever you choose, it’s so easy to take a last minute drive into the city for dinner, the theater and a night out on the town. Living and working here is where you can truly enjoy the best of both worlds. Come discover why physicians who could work anywhere work here!
If you are interested in learning more, please don’t hesitate to contact Jennifer Goodwin, in-house Physician Recruiter.