General Anesthesiologist - Anesthesia Care Multi Specialty Group
- Our Anesthesiologists have great relationships with our Surgeons. Our Surgeons appreciate their skillset and expertise, which creates an excellent work environment and a truly team-based approach.
- % of supervision/direction of CRNA: Building towards 3:1 medical direction. Good mix of care team model and performing your own cases.
- OB coverage is done in 12 hour in house shifts, all other call is back up - taken from home.
- Case mix at two hospitals (Expected to provide some coverage at both facilities, hospitals are 4 miles apart):
- Virginia Baptist: General, plastics, urology, GYN, peds dental, mostly bread and butter cases, plus heavy OB coverage. 2706 deliveries performed by group last year.
- Lynchburg General: No OB, but will do general, cardiac, thoracic, neuro, cath lab, ortho, and trauma.
Physician Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on regular hours plus overtime hours worked; the range is $400,000 - $550,000.
- Onboarding bonus
- 9 weeks’ vacation
- 403(b) and 457(b) tax deferred savings plan; Immediate vested employer contribution match
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Educational loan repayment options
- Relocation assistance
- $7,500 CME allowance
- Completion of medical degree and residency training in an anesthesia specialty from an AMA approved program or other schools with credentials approved by the Medical Staff and Board of Centra.
- MD/DO with certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) board in physician's primary specialty. Must be board certified or in the process of certifying.
Lifestyle and Community:
An attractive position is even more appealing in an attractive community. Lynchburg, Virginia, is a thriving, 200-year-old city with a growing metro area of more than 250,000. It’s big enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and rail service, yet small enough to be free of gridlock and urban crime rates. (In fact, it’s been named one of the Top 10 Safest Mid-Sized Cities by Sperling’s Best Places.)
Lynchburg is conveniently located in the heart of the state, just three hours from Washington, D.C. and coastal beaches, and only minutes from lakefront communities, mountaintop trails, and ski slopes. The Lynchburg area also offers an extraordinary range of housing options, a vibrant arts community, and some of the mildest weather on the east coast.
The region is home to 6 colleges & universities, an acclaimed public-school system, plus a range of private K-12 schools (including the largest private school in the state).