UNC Rex Healthcare is presently seeking a Board Certified Pulmonology/Sleep Medicine Physician to support its growing team of providers at Rex Pulmonary Specialists.
Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
- Provides professional medical services to patients. Exercises independent professional judgment in the care and treatment of patients.
- Orders and prescribes medical treatment, diagnostic testing, nursing care and other health and medical services.
- Prescribes medically appropriate pharmaceuticals. Consults and counsels with patients and families.
- Provides health and medical education to patients and families.
- Refers patients as needed to appropriate medial specialists and other health care professionals to assure appropriate multidisciplinary care is provided.
- Documents medical and clinical care in the patient's medial record. Assigns the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to permit third party insurance billing.
- Supervises other medical professionals.
- Adheres to the principles of medical ethics.
- Active member of the Rex Hospital Medical Staff, including meeting the Board Certification requirements.
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine.
- Licensure Board Certified in Specialty; MD License in healthcare specialty