Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician
Benefis Health System is recruiting a new PM&R physician to join our team of 2 full time physicians, 2 part time physicians (approaching retirement) and a Rehab Psychologist.
This opportunity is primarily for outpatient clinic needs, while doing a combination of consults, EMGs, Rehab, and Sub-Acute.
Outpatient PM&R Clinic Information
- Large referring provider staff within the health system in addition to referrals from all over the state
- Ample opportunity to expand into various areas of passion in the field
- Clinic hours are typically 8:00 – 5:00 pm, flexibility in schedule
- Call Schedule: Inpatient Weekend Rehab Call (1 week/month) and 3 holidays
- Based on census, patient population, and patient acuity a new physiatrist may be asked to help out in the Inpatient Rehabilitation unit with patients and consults.
- Common patients seen by current Physiatrist:TBI, Stroke, Paraplegic, Quadriplegia,Spasticity, Migraine/other headaches, Amputees, Joint injections(shoulders, hips, knees,ankles), Cervical Dystonia,Dystonia,Botox(headaches,spasticity, scars, cervicaldystonia),B aclofenIntrathecal Pump Evaluation and Refills
- MDA clinic currently running 1 day per month, every 3 months
- Current EMG lab runs 3 days a week but there is opportunity for more volume
- Currently can schedule 24 cases per week and consistently have good show-up rates
- Main EMG physician is retiring in June 2019 elects 18 EMGs per week
- Greater than 98% of the EMG volume is currently outpatient business
- Dedicated, experienced neuro techs prepare the patient for the exam, as well as complete all pre and post paperwork and are always available if technical issues arise during the study
- Providers typically do their own nerve conduction procedures ( one certified tech the can perform NVC if requested)
- Current popular EMG procedures by diagnosis: Radiculopathy, Ulnar Nerve Compression, Carpal Tunnel, Peripheral Neuropathy, Myopathy
Inpatient Rehab Information:
- 20 bed acute rehab unit with onsite therapy, gym, PT, OT, speech, therapy garden, home training, and recreational outings
- Dedicated full time inpatient Physiatrist on the unit
- Patient load is 5-7 per physician with an average daily census of 12
- Monday – Friday average 2-3 discharges and 2-3 admissions per day
- Acute care consults range from 3-6 per day
- Rehab Staffing includes
- Dedicated IM Hospitalist covering medical needs of patients Monday – Friday
- On weekends physiatrist covers medical needs of patients however there is a hospitalist on call for additional support
- Med/Surg trained acute care nursing staff and critical care nurse on call to the unit 24/7 who is in house and leads nursing in emergency situations, codes, family concerns, etc.
- 16 therapists for inpatient and outpatient needs – therapy occurs 7 days per week
- Primary diagnosis: Stroke, TBI, NTBI, TSCI, NTSCI, Neuro Condition, LE Fracture, LE Replacement, Other Ortho, LE Amputation, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Cardiac/Pulmonary DEB, MMT w/out TBI or SCI, MMT w/ TBI or SCI, and Guillian Barre
Compensation and Benefits Competitive compensation structures with guaranteed salary + RVU bonuses creating a great opportunity to build a successful practice based on your desire. Benefits offered to employees include: generous CME and PTO, malpractice coverage + tail, health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, as well as a 403B plan with 5% match and additional pre-tax savings programs for retirement.
Community Information Great Falls has a city population of 60,000, with a draw of over 275,000 people in North Central Montana. We experience mild winters and enjoy blue skies over 300 days per year. Great Falls is a wonderful and safe place to raise a family, with nationally ranked public schools and an average commute of under 12 minutes, making the quality of life in Great Falls unsurpassed in the Rocky Mountain West. Additionally, the Missouri River, a blue-ribbon fly-fishing destination, runs through the middle of town. Outdoor activities include camping, hiking, horseback riding, water& snow skiing, rock & ice climbing, boating, white-water kayaking, off-road motorsports, upland bird, waterfowl, and big-game hunting.
Benefis Health System This is your opportunity to be part of an exceptional health system in a state that is well known for its beautiful four seasons and outdoor lifestyle. While enjoying the last best place, you'll have the added benefit of having access to Benefis Health System, one of the state's most modern and progressive healthcare facilities with 500+ beds and over 250 members on medical staff representing 40 specialties. Our state-of-the-art facilities and cutting edge technologies make Benefis an exceptional working environment and one of the Best Places To Work in Healthcare 5 years in a row 2014 – 2019!
Submit your CV today to learn more!