Join our amazing trauma team at Memorial Hospital!
Memorial Hospital has emerged as a state-of-the-art 418-bed, full service, acute care medical facility. For the second year in a row Memorial has been named a U.S. News & World Report best hospital and our patient safety scores, ranked by independent organizations, are some of the best in the area.
- 418-bed facility
- Florida State verified Level II Trauma Center
- Two In-house trauma staff surgeons everyday and one at night
- 26 OR’s (1 general trauma designated)
- Annual Trauma admissions projected: 1600+
- Trauma service covers acute care surgery at least 20 days per month
- High volume of blunt / penetrating trauma (85% / 15%)
- $23 million 56-bed ER renovation with two dedicated trauma bays. ED annual volume 130k+
- Pediatric trauma (under 16 years old) stabilized and transferred to pediatric center
- Currently 36-bed ICU combined TICU/SICU/MICU
- Dedicated separate 20 bed trauma ICU under construction
Trauma Surgeon Criteria:
- Board Eligible / Certified General Surgery with Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Required
- Permanent positions with equitable scheduling model and unique work/rest model (15 shifts per month 12 hours on call)
- Paid Malpractice and no attributed overhead expenses
- Employment model with full benefits; including, health and 401K with employer match
- $5,000 CME Allowance
- Competitive Income Potential
- Comprehensive back-end support services including recruitment, credentialing, renewals, billing, follow up clinic support and more
- Academic appointment with USF
Dr. Michael Samotowka serves as Trauma Medical Director and Brenda Benson serves as the Director of Trauma Services
- As the largest city in the continental U.S. and a population of 1.4 million people, Jacksonville is the perfect place to experience a new side of Florida. The abundant waterways, parks and ecological preserves in Jacksonville provide an unforgettable opportunity to escape the ordinary.
- Due to its convenient location, mild climate, reasonable cost of living, high quality of life and a business-friendly government, Jacksonville is a popular location for corporate expansions and relocations.