Erlanger Health System is searching for an orthopedic surgeon to join a well-established practice in our Murphy, NC location. Join a high volume, exceptionally trained surgeon and 2 Advanced Practice providers who deliver high quality care and see a broad range of cases. Murphy, NC is located 2 hours from Asheville, Atlanta and Chattanooga. Murphy is a beautiful mountain community with the convenience of 3 cities within 2 hours.
Education, Training, & Experience
- MD of DO degree
- Board Certified or board eligible
- Ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of North Carolina.
- Hospital employed position
- Join 1 surgeon, who has been with the practice more than 10 years, and 2 advanced practice providers
- 4 Operating Rooms with RN-FA support
- Athena EMR, but plans to move to Epic in the future
- Primary focus will be general orthopedics and an opportunity to operate on a broad range of cases.
- Ancillary services include onsite X-ray with MRI and physical therapy located across the street.
Benefits of Working at Erlanger Health System at Murphy, NC
- Excellent Compensation & Benefits Package
- Loan repayment options
- Sign-On Bonus & Relocation Available
- Malpractice Coverage Provided
Erlanger Health System – “World Class”
Erlanger Murphy Medical Center is a not-for-profit, private healthcare organization serving a seven-county area in western North Carolina, northern Georgia and eastern Tennessee. It offers inpatient and outpatient services, physician services, nursing home care, and home health and hospice care. Since opening in 1979, Erlanger Murphy Medical Center has expanded to meet the healthcare needs of its rural community and offers a spectrum of healthcare services that benefits its patients in all stages of their lives.
Erlanger Murphy Medical Center includes a 25-bed critical access hospital with a 24-hour Emergency Department. The hospital offers quality care through its skilled staff and up-to-date facilities. Recent equipment upgrades include new endoscopes, and the facility’s growth continues with the introduction of a new wound care and hyperbaric therapy service.
As the area’s second-largest employer, Erlanger Murphy Medical Center has approximately 520 full- and part-time employees supporting a staff of hospital and area physicians specializing in family and internal medicine, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, ophthalmology, orthopedics and sports medicine, otolaryngology and facial plastics, pediatrics, pulmonology, and urology.
The Erlanger Health System is a multi-hospital system with six hospitals based in Chattanooga and Western North Carolina, and is the tri-state region's only Level I Trauma Center, providing the highest level of trauma care for adults. Erlanger also serves as the region's only academic teaching hospital, affiliated with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine Chattanooga. With a history that dates back more than a century, Erlanger is the 7th largest public hospital in the U.S., and recognized as one of the nation's finest public hospitals and a leader in healthcare.