Excellent Employment Opportunity to join Occupational Health team!
HCA’s Portsmouth Regional Hospital in Portsmouth, NH is seeking an experienced Physician for their Occupational Health Program. The individual will support the Medical Director and/or designated physicians, in developing, implementing and maintaining the Occupational Health Service. The physician will:
• Assess and treat work-related injury and exposure. Determine the health status of employees by obtaining health histories, perform examinations and establish treatment plans.
• Perform various employment examinations (e.g., post-offer physicals, return-to-work physicals, fit for duty physicals, medical surveillance, DOT physicals, ROTC physicals, Coast Guard physicals).
• Coordinate activities pertaining to pre-placement examinations, working in cooperation with occupational health physician, nurse clinicians, applicable Personnel Department employees and client company personnel.
• Assess and refer employee health problems to applicable health care and related resources both within and outside the facility.
• Current NH Medical License
• Current DEA Controlled Substance Registration Certificate
• Current DOT Medical Examiner Certification
• Current BLS
• 3-5 years of Critical Care experience in Occupational Health
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration and physicians
Portsmouth Regional Hospital (PRH) provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical services to the residents of New England’s Greater Seacoast Area, stretching from the coast of Southern Maine to Northeastern Massachusetts. As a 209 bed facility, PRH is home to more than 200 physicians and 1,100 employees. There are specialists and subspecialists available at all times including tertiary level coverage from Cardiovascular Surgery, Neurosurgery and Trauma Surgeons. Our 24/7 inpatient Hospitalist/Intensivist Program and superior nursing care have earned PRH top recognition for patient satisfaction.
Portsmouth, NH, a seacoast city, sits near the mouth of the Piscataqua River, which divides the states of New Hampshire and Maine. Portsmouth is at the core of a metropolitan region that includes several small cities and towns. As the nation’s third oldest city, Portsmouth is rich in history and abundant with cultural activities. Portsmouth offers small-town charm blended with easy access to a host of outdoor activities and major cities. The area includes top-notch educational institutions-both public and private-along with no sales tax or state income tax. We are situated only an hour away from Boston.
While we feel that the outstanding quality of life, excellent compensation, state-of-the-art medical facility and talented team of colleagues create an exceptional practice opportunity, we encourage you to decide for yourself.