Occupational Medicine Physician Needed! A leading regional health system located in West Reading, PA and recipient of numerous awards including U.S. News top 5% ranking of all hospitals in the United States, is seeking an Occupational Medicine Physician.
Reading Hospital, under Tower Health, is a not-for-profit leading regional health system committed to advancing health and transforming lives of the people we serve. Through physician and staff commitment, we have established a culture of collaboration, professionalism, transparency and responsibility that allows us to deliver high-quality care through evidence-based medicine. Established as The Reading Dispensary in 1867, the 750+ bed Reading Hospital has since expanded into a leader in tertiary care for this region of Pennsylvania. As an Academic teaching hospital, residencies include Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Osteopathy, Podiatry, and Pharmacy.
- Main West Reading campus is located in scenic Berks County
- 750+ acute beds, 22-building complex on 36 suburban acres
- Busiest emergency department in Pennsylvania with over 135,000 visits per year
- Level I Trauma Center
- Over 3,500 births annually; high-risk pre- and post-natal care; IVF and fertility services
- Level III NICU
- Miller Regional Heart Center - including cardiac surgery
- McGlinn Cancer Institute - recently re-certified by the Commission on Cancer with a gold rating and re-accreditation by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification Program
- Future site of Drexel University College of Medicine Branch Campus; Expected opening: Fall 2019
- Joint Commission accredited Hospital that has served Berks County for over 150 years
- Exclusively occupational medicine practice with two locations, full service. Hospital campus clinic serves 7,000 Reading Hospital employees and hundred of regional business clients.
- Perform regulatory and replacement physicals, wellness evaluations and fitness for duty evaluations
- Evaluate, treat, and rehabilitate healthy patients with work-related illnesses and injuries including a wide variety of orthopedics, lacerations, blood-borne pathogens exposures, exposure to infectious disease, etc. and utilize light duty programs for return to work.
- Evaluate requests for exemption from required vaccinations and provide Employee Health consultation for the hospital’s 7000 employees.
- Interpret audiograms for hearing conservation program
- Perform respirator clearance examinations
- Evaluate exposure to hospital-related infections as well as industrial toxins like lead, asbestos, cadmium, and crystalline silica
- Full-time position, Monday - Friday
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with employer automatic contribution and employer match.
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- CME assistance
- Relocation assistance
- H1B Visa & Green Card Support (*does not qualify for J1 Waiver)
- Supportive health system to advance goals
- Must have completed a residency program and be BC/BE in Occupational Medicine
- Will consider BC/BE in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine with several years’ experience and/or formal training in Occupational Medicine
- DOT medical examiner certification is required (will train if necessary)
- Medical Review Officer certification is required (will train if necessary)
- Working knowledge of OSHA and PA workers comp law are a plus.
- Support of on-staff specialty physicians for referral care