POSITION: Dentist - General Practice
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dental Director
SALARY: Starting salary will be determined by funding, experience,
and training level.
CLASSIFCATION: Non-Management, Regular, Full-time
LOCATION: Elbowoods Memorial Health Center, 1058 College Drive, New Town, ND 58763-0400
Work Schedule: Monday through Fridays 8am to 5pm, no evenings and no weekends. Federal Holidays observed.
**Sign on bonus with relocation expenses
- Position serves primarily as Dentist at the Dental Clinic as part of the Elbowoods Memorial Health Center.
- Job Summary (position includes, but is not limited to the following):
- Diagnose and treat diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and gums and related oral structures. May treat diseases of nerve, pulp, and other dental tissues affecting vitality of teeth
- Orders required tests for patient diagnosis and treatment.
- Maintains necessary records as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Represents EMHC in a highly professional manner.
- Establishes positive communications with all departments of EMHC to assure stable operations.
- Demonstrates respect and understanding of confidentiality for patients, staff and others according to policy and HIPAA regulation.
- Maintain required reporting as assigned.
- Participates in EMHC staff meetings, assigned committees, community events, and other meetings as instructed or deemed necessary.
- Actively strives to educate the community on the mission, vision and values of EMHC in a positive approach to assist in the growth of the organization and assist our community in its healthcare needs.
- Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Elbowoods Memorial Health Centers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
- DDS or DMD degree from an accredited dental program, REQUIRED, Must submit copy of degree or transcripts with application.
- Possession of a current, unrestricted ND Dentist License, REQUIRED.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency, REQUIRED.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Must be responsible, dependable, and able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must submit and clear Criminal Records Background Check.
- Must submit to an Alcohol/Drug Screen and random testing as per policy.
- Indian Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
- Veterans Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK CONDITIONS
The work requires regular and recurrent standing to perform tasks, walking between the different sections of the facilities, and reaching and bending to obtain supplies and operate systems.
- Work is performed in an office environment with varying conditions of noise level, temperature, and illumination.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Occasionally lifts up to 40 pounds of material.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate keyboard, computer and other office equipment.
- Work situations may be stressful and require irregular hours.
- Travel required.
- Potential exposure to blood and other hazardous material, communicable diseases, and other conditions common in a health care environment.
This job description is intended to provide an overview of the requirements of the position. It is not necessarily inclusive, and the job may require other essential and/or non-essential functions, tasks, duties, or responsibilities not listed herein. Management reserves the sole right to add, modify, or exclude any essential or non-essential requirement at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description, or by the completion of any requirement of the job by the employee, is intended to create a contract of employment of any type.