Huntsville Hospital is expanding and looking for a BC/BE Trauma Surgeon to join our current staff of five BC Trauma Surgeons
Huntsville Hospital is an 881 bed, State designated Level 1 Level Trauma Center which sees 2500+ trauma patients annually. Our Emergency Department occupies more than 63,000 square feet and has treatment space for approximately 100 patients. The department currently has six state-of-the-art trauma suites with capacity of treating three patients in each suite in the event of a mass disaster. All treatment rooms are “universal”. Patient tracking system and advanced cardiac monitoring systems are standard in every room. It is also the first ED in Alabama to offer Stat Scan technology for the most rapid diagnosis possible. We see about 80/20 blunt/penetrating Trauma cases. Current call schedule is 1:5. Our five surgeons consistently operate around the 90th percentile of RVUs for trauma/critical care work. They perform 2/3 trauma surgery and the other 1/3 elective/general surgery cases and also round in the ICU.
Huntsville is situated in the fastest growing major metropolitan area in Alabama,and with the highest per capita income in the southeast, Huntsville is the best place to live, learn and work. We are a community on the move,rich with values and traditions while progressing with new ideas,exciting technologies and creative talents. Our community's unique characteristics are a worldwide attraction and will certainly provide a place for you and your family to flourish. With a population of 385K in the metro area, we are a high-tech, family oriented, multi cultural community with excellent schools, dining and entertainment. Huntsville is nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains with an abundance of activities to do inside or out.
- Public schools boast more national merit scholars per capita than any other in the country
- Technology, space and defense industry play a major role in Huntsville
- Huntsville/Madison County boasts more Doctorate degrees per capita than any other city in the nation
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Broadway Theater League, Huntsville Symphony Orchestra, US Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville Botanical Garden, Hsv Museum of Art, Constitution Hall Village, Early Works Children's Museum, Monte Sano State Park and Bridgestreet Town center are just some of the main attractions!
- The City of Huntsville received Standard & Poor's highest possible “AAA” bond rating for strength of the local economy.
- Huntsville named one of the Top 10 Smartest Cities in the World by Forbes.
- Huntsville named one of the Top 50 Best Places to Raise Children in the U.S. By Business Week.
- Huntsville named 7th Best City to live in America by US News
Benefits that we offer include competitive compensation package, health/dental/life insurance, mal-practice insurance, vacation, CME/meeting time/expenses, 401k and loan forgiveness.