About Centra Medical Group:
Centra Medical Group is a physician-led multispecialty medical group consisting of over 225 physicians and 170 advanced practice providers. With an annual growth rate averaging 7 percent, CMG recruits providers whose primary goal is to provide excellent, high quality services to our patients. CMG leadership understands that in order to continue to recruit and retain such high-quality physicians it is imperative that we devote ourselves to the care and nurture of those who are taking care of others, our physicians.
To this end, we have established the Department of Physician Wellness and Engagement and are seeking a physician to lead our efforts to promote provider wellness and engagement and decrease the potential for burnout. This position will require an average of 20 hours per week in the physician's area of practice and 20 hours per week for this physician to:
- Develop a vision and strategic plan for wellness
- Lead and oversee efforts to develop and monitor key indicators to measure physician wellness and engagement
- Proactively identify physicians who may be at risk for burnout
- Initiate early detection and intervention for physicians
- Collaborate with CMG operational and financial leaders to ensure that strategic and operational decisions are made with consideration given to physician wellness and engagement
- Develop formal and informal programs that promote wellness and engagement
- Completion of medical degree and residency training in a primary care or specialty from an American Medical Association (AMA)-approved program or other school with credentials approved by the Medical Staff and Board of Centra.
- MD or DO with certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) board in physician’s primary specialty
- Practicing physician for a minimum of 5 years
- Demonstrated in his/her own practice of medicine personal resilience, mindfulness skills, and healthy behavior
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a progressively responsible administrator or leadership-related position within healthcare.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in process improvement, mindfulness, physician engagement, and physician leadership
- High degree of confidence in ability to adopt technology to increase efficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in governance and management in an established medical group
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience with an integrated electronic medical record with understanding of its risks and benefits to clinical care and provider efficiency
- Advanced degree as a Master of Medical Management, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or other similar degree
- Prior participation in lean process improvement activities