Serves as the Director for all OSF Medical Group regional practice sites and providers in matters of policy, contract management and medical education activities. Is responsible for development and supervision of all functions of the assigned practices in collaboration with their Director of Physician Office dyad. Contributes to the development of OSFMG and regional strategic programs, multispecialty and regional medical group development. Contributes to implementation of a physician leadership program for the multispecialty groups within the region. Also serves as a key leader in developing clinical practice optimization strategies and AEMR enhancements. Collaborates with OSFMSS and OSFMG leadership for strategic alignment of specialty and primary practices to improve systems of care, appropriate utilization and population health.
It is the obligation of each employee of OSF Healthcare System to abide by and promote the Corporate Philosophy, Values, Mission, and Vision of the Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis.
Primary Job Responsibilites and Accountabilites
- Serves as the Director in matters of policies, management, etc, for providers contracted with OSF Healthcare System in OSFMG Regional practice sites.
- Develops and supervises OSF Medical Group Regional practice functions including Practice Management Council(s), site development, provider recruitment, practice management with dyad, performance improvement, research development, managed care contracting review and implementation, mission awareness, integrated clinical programs with the local Medical Center(s), and others as developed or identified.
- Oversees and assures yearly performance evaluations on all OSF Medical Group regional providers.
- Regularly meet with lead physicians / APPs assuring quality and financial goals are met.
- Contribute to development and implementation of strategic plan for OSF Medical Group in conjunction with the strategic plans for OSF Healthcare System, OSFMSS, OSFMG, and the regional Medical Center(s).
- Contribute to development of annual budget for OSF Medical Group and the regional Medical Center(s).
- Serve as a member of groups and councils for Regional Medical Center(s).
- Develop and coordinate with Regional Medical Center(s) participation of OSFMG Region providers in urgent or extended care services.
- Serve on OSF Healthcare System committees as requested.
- Maintain patient care activity at an OSF Medical Group site.
- Participate in leadership programs as requested or assigned.
- Responsible for supporting and overseeing OSFMG development and implementation of strategic programs.
- Serves as a key leader in developing regional and ministry clinical practice strategies such as evidence based care delivery, population health, AEMR optimization, etc.
- Support the operational goals of the system by contributing to the physician leadership program with physicians whose skills and leadership style meet the community and operational needs of OSF Healthcare System.
- Assesses the OSFMG and multispecialty group’s physician leadership goals and identifies information regarding background, training, needs, program direction and goals.
- Educates and updates leadership, physicians, hiring authorities and hospital staff on the physician leadership program.
- Education: Must be a licensed physician in the State of Illinois.
- Experience: 3 years of experience in a clinical leadership role
- Professional development courses in health care management and/or MPH, MHS, MBA, or MS in health administration or closely related degree is also preferred.
- 5 years of experience in a clinical leadership role is preferred with 5 years providing primary care to patients in an outpatient setting is required.
- Qualified candidates will possess a strong knowledge of leadership development principles and theories.
- Documented effectiveness in project management/multi-tasking capabilities; identifying and resolving problematic situations.
- Ability to drive ideas and change through networking and relationship building; apply skills of self-motivation and development.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively collaborate at all levels of an organization.
- A comprehensive understanding of issues facing the healthcare industry and the implications for future provision of clinical services.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Physical & Mental Requirements and Working Conditions
Uses keyboard, mouse, or other alternative input device. Converses and is understood verbally and in written form. Works in a stationary position for up to 4 hours at a time. Organizes and prioritizes own work as well as the work of others, often multitasking. Frequently works long and irregular hours. Regularly operates a motor vehicle to attend meetings in various locations. Occasionally makes presentations, both formal and informal. Responsible for decisions that have a significant business impact to OSF.