Outstanding opportunity for an experienced fellowship-trained Endovascular Neurosurgeon to build an Endovascular program with an existing busy stroke service. The program currently serves seven Primary Stroke Certified UPMC hospitals in the greater South Central PA region. We are expanding the scope of services to provide thrombectomy-capable and eventually comprehensive stroke services at UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg. UPMC Pinnacle is listed by Healthgrades as one of the 100 best hospitals for neurosurgery in 2021.
The Endovascular Neurosurgeon will provide comprehensive care in a complete stroke program situated within a well-established, elective practice. This expanding practice offers the most up-to-date practices and technologies including advanced diagnostic procedures, minimally invasive brain and spine surgery, and radiosurgery for brain and spinal tumors. The neurosurgery group works with advanced care providers that promotes surgeon efficiency.
- ABNS BC/BE in Neurosurgery
- Fellowship training in Vascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery.
- Committed to providing high-quality, compassionate care to patients
- Team-oriented with ability to provide personalized patient care and demonstrate clinical outcomes
- The newly recruited neurosurgeon must have the qualifications and interest to assist in the development of the Endovascular Stroke Program including some administrative duties related to program-building
- Participates in general neurosurgery call
- Willing to provide education to community and referral sources, as requested.
- Competitive base salary plus incentive bonus
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional dues and CME allowance
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Relocation allowance
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Pinnacle health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams and parts of Snyder counties.
- U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Cities to Live” in 2017
- Home to best K to 12 public schools and several fine colleges and universities
- Fantastic art community, shopping, dining, historic architecture
- Great cultural and entertainment venues
- Sports teams and outdoor activities to keep you busy all year round