Explore a fantastic plastic and reconstructive surgery position available at our quaternary care facility, Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We are seeking an experienced surgeon who is skilled in all types of reconstruction/microsurgery.
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an accredited surgery residency and a fellowship in plastic and reconstructive surgery, OR
- Completion of a six year accredited plastic surgery residency program
- Must have skills in all areas of plastic surgery, most importantly microsurgery
- Practicing surgeon preferred however may consider new graduate if case logs produced demonstrate skill set required for this position
- Must work collaboratively with other specialties and have a desire to seek out a broad spectrum of plastic surgery cases
- Patient focused with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Busy expanding program in a multi-disciplinary clinic
- Plastic Surgery Service line includes 6 surgeons throughout SE Wisconsin
- Collaborative partners meet regularly to discuss patient quality and service outcomes
- Service Line members are available to support and assist as needed
- Opportunity to be independent yet are supported by a large medical group and service line
- Broad spectrum of cases including all types of breast reconstruction (i.e. autologous tissue and free flaps), skin grafting, microvascular free flaps, wound care, etc., along with some cosmetics
- All equipment needed is available within the suite
What Aurora offers:
- An integrated, supportive, physician-led organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance
About Aurora Health Care
Aurora Health Care is the largest health care system in Wisconsin. With service areas extending to Northeastern Illinois, Aurora is anchored by two top tier tertiary/quaternary care centers. Our integrated delivery model allows Aurora physicians and advanced practice professionals to support their patients, connect with colleagues and offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care.
What makes being an Aurora physician unique? We make it easy for you to do what you do best - care for patients. Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology, and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for patients.
Get to know Milwaukee, Wisconsin’s largest city
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.