Opportunity for endocrinologist to join well established multispecialty group of 11 board certified physicians in a traditional private practice. Group is comprised of 4 endocrinologists, 1 rheumatologist and 5 internists. The practice is in the Doctors Building attached to Southeast Health, making hospital rounding convenient. Dothan, Alabama is recognized nationally as a best place to raise kids* and a best place to retire**. Our community offers a low cost of living, excellent educational facilities and traditional southern hospitality.
- A signing bonus and relocation expense allowance
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to health insurance, malpractice, vacation and retirement
- 1 year salary guaranteed within 75th MGMA guidelines
- Educational loan repayment options negotiable
- 1 in 4 weekend call rotation
- Physicians only provide consultation for inpatients at Southeast Health. Clinic hours 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Mon-Thurs; Friday 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Multiple ancillary tests including bone density scans performed in the clinic
Abouth Southeast Health:
- One of the largest not-for-profit tertiary referral centers in Alabama
- 420 licensed bed facility
- 2,700+ dedicated employees
- 350 active Medical Staff
- 22 ORs with 2 endovascular suites and open heart, IR and Vas surgery
- Interventional cardiology, EP and radiology labs, lithotripsy, 3 MRIs (1 a 3-T), 3 CTs including a 64 slice CT and Pet Scanner
- 24/7 Neurosurgery coverage with
- 3 employed neurosurgeons and 1 fellowship trained neuroendovascular interventionalist
- 10 bed dedicated Neurocritical Care Unit for acute stroke/neuroendovascular care
- 28 bed inpatient psychiatric program and outpatient center with psychiatric hospitalist coverage
- Serves over 600,000 in a 75-mile radius » Designated diabetes treatment center
- The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) is Alabama’s first osteopathic medical school and the first in the U.S. to be developed by a regional medical center.
- The second class of 143 students graduated from ACOM in June 2018.
- An ACGME Internal Medicine Residency program began July 2018 with an inaugural class of 13 residents. Interviews are now underway for the next class.
Abouth Dothan, Alabama:
- Nearby lakes and rivers and less than 100 miles to Gulf Coast Beaches
- Robust business environment ranked #1 in retail sales in Alabama (per capita)
- Highland Oaks, a Robert Trent Jones Golf Course, and other public and private golf courses and driving ranges
- Regional Airport served by Delta Airlines » Recognized as a “Playful City” with 19 parks, 6 public swimming pools, 47 tennis courts including a 20-court complex built to professional standards
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT Sarah Purvis