Looking for a board certified Physiatrist to serve as Medical Director of our Inpatient Rehab Care unit.
- Option #1: Base salary of $251,700 (50%tile MGMA for those just completing training) with additional compensation for experience, guaranteed for 2 years. Can be switched to a wRVU production contract when exceeding target.
- Option #2: Base salary of $332,300 (75%tile MGMA) guaranteed for one year and then switched to a wRVU production contract.
* 5% less for those not yet boarded, salary adjusted accordingly upon board certification
2-year contract also includes:
- Vacation: 4 weeks plus holidays/sick days (29 PTO days). Additional 5 days when producing 75%tile wRVUs
- CME/Books & Journals: 5 days PTO and up to $5000
- Medical School Loan Repayment: repay up to $200,000 ($25,000 per year for each year of service commitment)
- Deferred compensation: 457b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $19,000 year before taxes. No matching.
- Retirement / Savings Plan: 403b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $19,000 year before taxes under age 50 and $24,000 for over age 50. SOMC matches dollar for dollar up to 2% of base pay.
- Moving Expense: $10,000 paid to moving company
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage: in a claims made insurance, in an amount of $1,000,000, per claim/$3,000,000, aggregate
- Health Insurance: provider pays small premium, deducted from paycheck
- Liquidated Damages: 70 mile and 2 year non-compete clause or liquidated damages of one year salary
- Sign on Bonus: 15% of base salary up to $50,000 (paid when contract signed and forgiven over 2 years)
- Residency Stipend: up to $25,000 (requires up to 2 year service commitment)
- Bonus Incentives: excellent bonus incentives up to 30% of salary
- Practice Location
- SOMC Inpatient Rehabilitation (Located at 1805 27th Street Portsmouth, OH 45662)
- 21 bed unit, all private rooms
- Serves patients age 18+
- Average length of stay – 11 days
- Hours/Work Schedule
- Unit hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00a – 4:30p
- Call schedule: evenings and 1:3 weekend coverage (shared with Dr. Andrew Yu and locum physician)
- 1 OT
- 1 PT
- 3 PTA
- 3 COTA
- 3 RN/LPN
- Majority of staff members have 15+ years experience
- Case Load
- Weekend volumes include rounding on 3-5 patients with 2-3 admits
- Full gym, including car simulator
- Manage 6 telemetry patients at any given time
- CARF accredited
- Stroke Specialty accredited
- Great functional gain and return to home
What are some of our key expectations for SOMC Medical Directors?
Please click on the highlighted links to review documents.
- We expect you to fully embrace the Servant Leadership Model.
- We expect you to embrace and model each of our Expectations for SOMC Leaders.
- We expect you to be a respectful team player and to hold your colleagues accountable for being the same.
- We expect you to become a lifelong student of leadership and to participate in SOMC’s rigorous leadership learning opportunities.
- We expect you to support our anger-free workplace in word and deed.
- We expect you to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with your administrative partners to achieve and sustain exceptional organizational results.
- We expect you to find A Better Way (ABW) every day.
- We expect you to behave as a physician leader instead of a typical physician.
- We expect you to manage your feelings and the feelings of others.
- We expect you to show up to required meetings prepared and on time.
- We expect you to do what needs to be done despite how you feel.
- We expect you to do what you say you will do when you say you will do it.
- We expect you to demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- We expect you to be a role model for safety, quality, customer service, effective team relationships, and financial stewardship.
- We expect you to be passionately engaged in learning about, sustaining and strengthening the SOMC Leadership culture.
- Review a Leadership Expectation presentation with VP of Medical Affairs during on-site interview.
What tasks must aspiring Medical Directors complete before scheduling a 2nd visit?
Please click on the highlighted links to review documents.
- Ask clarifying questions.
- Read and reflect on The Leadership Test.
- Download, read, reflect on and return a signed copy of The SOMC Leadership Culture: An Informed Consent and Commitment Document For Aspiring SOMC Leaders to your office manager.
- Download and study Expectations for SOMC Leaders.
- Study the Meeting Leadership Expectations checklist.
- Read and study carefully, How to Succeed with Continuous Improvement: A Primer for Becoming the Best in the World.
- Participate in and study your feedback report from the SOMC Perceptions of Leadership Strengths (PoLS) 360-degree evaluation.
- Read Strengths Based Leadership, complete the associated online survey and send your results to Vicki Noel.
- Complete the online Jung Typology Test™ and send your results to Vicki Noel.
- Read What Motivates Me, complete the associated online survey and send your results to Vicki Noel.
- Study and return a signed copy of Successful Physician Leadership Behavior to your office manager or administrative partner.
- After completing all of these tasks, notify your office manager you are fully informed and committed for the long haul.
- Present a Personal Leadership Plan (PLP) the key stakeholders of the Cancer Center Team on how you plan to become a successful member of the SOMC Leadership Team (presentation template will be given to you).
Hospital Beds: 248 staffed | Service Area: over 250,000 | Not-for-profit established in 1966 | Employs: 2700 | Medical Staff: 239
Teaching opportunities: SOMC has Medical Students, Residents, and Advanced Practitioner trainees.
All employment is contingent upon passing the post-offer physical examination, drug and nicotine test, and criminal background investigation.