We are currently seeking a team oriented Physician Director to join our clinical team in West Covina, CA (Job Description below). Should you have interest is discussing this opportunity in further detail, please provide a date/time in which you may be available to speak and I will ensure to contact you. I do look forward to speaking with you.
Lakeside Community Healthcare
West Covina, CA Clinic:
1500 West Covina Parkway
West Covina, CA 91791
The Physician Director of Urgent Care works actively as part of the Clinic Medical Leadership Team which includes Campus Medical Directors, SVP of Medical Group Operations, and other clinical and quality leaders. The Physician Director of Urgent Care is charged to work to optimize clinical outcomes, ensure quality and timely care, render care in compliance with regulatory and other criteria, and expend care resources in an efficient and effective manner. This is expected to be done with professionalism, commitment to collaboration, expediency and urgency when indicated, and acute sense of team citizenship.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee and direct medical activities to attain Regal quality and timeliness of care, utilization management, and related care goals
- Implement programs to enhance and expand services provided in the Urgent Care setting
- Actively enlist network physicians, provider, and facilities to optimize care and attain resource utilization goals
- Provide clinical management and administrative input to optimize processes, staffing, policies and procedures and positively impact the delivery of medical care
- Train and mentor clinical and other staff to ensure their growth and development
- Lead operational assignments with an emphasis on execution, outcomes, continued improvement, and attaining performance goals.
- Provide quality patient care as an active provider of services within the Urgent Care; including scheduled night and weekend call for these activities.
- Interface with providers (physicians, groups, hospitals, health plans) to educate as to the benefits of utilizing our Urgent Care.
- Attend clinic meetings, health plan meetings, and other like activities as necessary.
- Participate on quality improvement teams and other committees as assigned
- Support efforts to obtain and ensure continued accreditation with regulatory agencies.
- Represent Regal Medical Group to employer groups, physician groups, individual physicians, managed care organizations in efforts to promote the Urgent Care.
- Use clinical and financial data to develop and refine management activities, investigate and define sources of variation, and ensure conformance with standards and criteria.
- Support analysis of performance data of providers and hospitals to identify variance to expected results, and develop and implement corrective action plans as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain up to date medical knowledge base through personal studies and attendance of appropriate CME activities.
- Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited medical school with MD or DO degree
- Completion of accredited residency training program
- Board eligible/ Board certification
- Unrestricted active California MD license
- Experience in primary and/or Urgent Care medical practice after completing residency is desired
- Experience working in a managed care or Urgent Care environment is desired
- Prior experience in clinical leadership role desirable, experience managing or leading clinical staff in an Urgent Care or Clinic environment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate Company Vision and Goals
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, and oral and written communications skills
- Current knowledge of industry standard medical management tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently, set priorities, manage time, and drive to achieve objectives
- Able to work well with all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and respond in timely manner as needed
- Takes initiative to identify and solve problems in collaborative fashion
- Able to hold others Accountable for their results in a fair and equitable manner
- Able to use PC-based software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Access and MS Project skills desirable
- Able to travel to assignments as required
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.