HCA Healthcare is the largest consolidated graduate medical education program in the nation.
We currently have over 240 programs spread across 90+ hospitals, with over 4000 residents and fellows training in our facilities.
We have the depth and expertise to develop strong, academically sound, high quality residency training programs to help fill the physician shortfall of the future.
HCA Healthcare has an exceptional opportunity for a Program Director at TriStar’s New Emergency Medicine Residency Program located in Cartersville, GA.
- MD/DO with current Board Certification in Emergency Medicine from the American Board of Medical Specialists (ABMS) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- License to practice medicine in the State of Georgia
- At least three years’ experience as a core faculty member in an American College of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accredited emergency medicine program
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role
- Evidence of ongoing involvement in scholarly activity, including peer-reviewed publications or ability to demonstrate scholarly activity by the time the application is submitted for RRC review.
- Credentialed and able to work in the Emergency Departments of Capital Health but may not devote more than 960 hours per year to direct clinical care.
- Become a faculty member of the medical school to which Capital aligns for purposes of program accreditation
TriStar is building a brand new community based Emergency Medicine residency located in Cartersville and Rome, Georgia. It will start with a minimum of 6 residents per year and initially programmed for a 36 month curriculum. The incoming Program Director will be able to build the program from inception, working with outstanding faculty at both locations who are already invested in GME supporting Internal Medicine and Transitional Year programs, both of which are fully accredited. The program will be primarily sited at Cartersville Hospital, which has averaged over 60,000 ED visits annually, and is a State certified Level III Trauma Center. Redmond Medical Center in Rome will also support this program, with an additional 45,000 ED visits annually. Residents will also rotate at other facilities to gain required pediatric emergency and critical care rotations to meet ACGME standards. Academic affiliation with one of several quality Medical Schools in Georgia will be assured.
The Program Director will drive the program and be responsible for all aspects of development, including:
- Identify a program coordinator to assist in the development of the program
- Assist in identifying and affiliating with a medical school for purposes of program accreditation (already underway).
- Complete the application for program approval and submit to the Residency Review Committee to participate in the Match program and commence resident education by July 1, 2020. HCA will provide full support to assist the completion of the application.
- Develop a curriculum that both meets the requirements of the ACGME, but also is attractive to the highest quality applicants and supports the specific academic and research interests of our staff..
- Validate the HCA job descriptions and assist in recruit the needed faculty that will include the following:
- Associate Program Director
- Identify one core faculty member for every three residents in the program.
- Core faculty members will also include the Program Director.
- All core faculty must be involved in scholarly activity that results in at least on piece of scholarly activity annually that must include at least one scientific peer-reviewed publication for every five core faculty members (all averaged over the past 5 years).
- Assure all core faculty participate in a faculty development program
- Work with the Chair of the Department to assure the faculty staffing ratio of 4.0 patients per faculty hour or less must be maintained in order to ensure adequate clinical instruction and supervision, as well as efficient, high quality clinical operations.
Hospital System details
- 105,000 ED visits annually combined
- Cartersville Campus: Level III Trauma Center; Hope Center for Cancer Care; 21 bed ICU
- Redmond Campus: Level III Trauma Center: In-house Internal Medicine and Transition Year residency.
- Full practice support with APP's and CIM’s (Scribes)
- Excellent specialty back-up
- Fabulous quality of life position. Live in Northwest Georgia within driving distance the southern start of the Appalachian Trail; great outdoors sport with hunting, fishing, kayaking and watersports at Lake Allatoona!
- Cartersville is 40 minutes from Atlanta, 60 minutes from Chattanooga, TN and 2 hours to Birmingham, AL.
- Rome is home to Berry College and multiple parks, sporting facilities, and quality scholastic programs.