The University of Washington WWAMI Program and Ivinson Memorial Hospital are seeking a physician for a joint appointment position to serve as both a faculty member and emergency medicine physician in Laramie, Wyoming. This full-time position will work part-time with the medical school and part-time in the emergency department. Highlights of the position include:
The University of Washingon WWAMI Program
- The University of Washington WWAMI Program, a cooperative program involving Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho, is Wyoming’s medical school. In Wyoming, 20 new medical students enter the program each year and complete their first 1.5 years of studies on the University of Wyoming campus.
- The University of Washington School of Medicine is a top 5 – U.S. medical school in both primary and rural care and is a top 10 – U.S. medical school in research.
- Nearly 70% of Wyoming WWAMI students return to Wyoming to practice medicine.
- Wyoming WWAMI utilizes an integrative curriculum and currently has need for physicians in the following areas:
- Teaching clinical skills and/or basic sciences and serving as physician mentors;
- Teaching clinical correlates/cases as integrated with the basic sciences
- Conducting research with 1st and 2nd year medical students
Ivinson Memorial Hospital is seeking an emergency medicine physician to practice in our award winning hospital. Highlights of the position include:
- Rated Top 20 Rural Community Hospital in the nation by the National Rural Health Association in 2018 and 2019.
- 13K emergency visits per year.
- 6-7 shifts per month.
- Practice with a multitude of specialties within the hospital walls, making coordination of care seamless
- Robust compensation and benefits package that includes moving and relocation assistance, sign-on bonus, tuition reimbursement, CME assistance and time, and more
Laramie, Wyoming is truly an outdoor lover's paradise! Highlights of our community include:
- Quick access to skiing, hiking, show shoeing, mountain biking, fishing, and much more!
- Conveniently located 2 hours from Denver, Colorado making travel and accessible
- Thriving downtown community with great local restaurants and shops
- Home to the University of Wyoming, with division one sporting events and year-round cultural activities