Kootenai Clinic in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho is seeking a Medical Director to lead our new OB/GYN Hospitalist Service at Kootenai Health. Ideal candidates will have at least 3-5 years of progressive leadership and program development experience. This full time Medical Director of OBGYN Hospitalist position will include the following:
- Planning and implementation of a OBGYN Hospitalist program to include vision, objectives, and strategies to be deployed over a three to five-year time horizon.
- Development of guidelines and evidence-based protocols that support an OBGYN Hospitalist program development, growth and strategic initiatives,
- Serving as a leader, spokesperson, teacher, and mentor to members of the clinical care team and community, board and administration,
- Fostering relationships with referring physicians in the community and Kootenai Clinic multidisciplinary groups,
- Monitoring the profitability and financial viability of the service line and staff performance competencies that directly relate to the service line,
- Developing peer review process for service line to bridge the gap between quality improvement and quality assurance.
- Working collaboratively with hospital and clinic operations of associated clinical departments,
- Establishing and reinforcing behavior expectations, supporting open communication and collegial relationships throughout the service line,
- Participating in multidisciplinary teams to enhance patient care and experience,
- Setting goals, targets and measures that assess performance in pursuit of balanced accountability,
- Participate in recruitment efforts
- Practice as an OBGYN Hospitalist
Hospital employment opportunity with a competitive compensation structure and benefits package.