Atlantic Health System, headquartered in Morristown, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The New Jersey network includes: Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, Overlook Medical Center in Summit, Newton Medical Center in Newton, Chilton Medical center in Pompton Plains, Hackettstown Medical Center in Hackettstown, Goryeb Children’s Hospital in Morristown and Atlantic Rehabilitation and Atlantic Home Care and Hospice.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver a Trusted Network of Caring, and our promise to our communities is that anyone who enters our system will receive the right care, at the right quality, at the right time, at the right place and at the right cost.
The Atlantic Neuroscience Institute at Overlook Medical center is looking hire a Stroke Physician -Atlantic Neuroscience Institute is the region’s leader in neuroscience care, offering a broad range of advanced neurological, neurosurgical and neuro-diagnostic services.
- Inpatient clinical activities will be performed at Overlook. Outpatient activities will be performed at Overlook and/or at satellite practice site, with appropriate support staff.
- Responsibilities and goals will include:
- participation in stroke patient care – inpatient, outpatient and telemedicine. Provide approximately 1/4 of the night/weekend coverage
- collaborating with neuro-intervention, neurosurgery and neuroradiology to advance multidisciplinary stroke care
- collaborating with stroke teams at other AHS hospitals to continually advance stroke care, enhance quality and efficiency, and increase inter-hospital and inter-disciplinary collaboration in stroke care improvement
- working with the Stroke Director to further develop the stroke program at Overlook, including expanding our programs designed to enhance referrals from other hospitals in the region.
- further development of the tele neurology program as a means of effective outreach.
- participation in the quality assurance program for the stroke program, continuously enhancing patient outcomes, including continued attainment of AHA/ASA awards and Joint Commission certifications.
- development of an active outpatient practice, which would be expected to include general neurology.
- Full participation in educational activities, including
- outreach to other centers, regional physicians, and communities, enhancing awareness of stroke in general and stroke care at Overlook in particular.
- working closely with and mentoring Medicine and Family Practice residents, and supporting their educational needs
- helping in the Jefferson medical student Neurology rotation
- Participation as a core member of the Neurosciences Department faculty in all departmental physician meetings, assisting in departmental planning, educational efforts, quality assurance efforts, etc.
- Full participation in new initiatives:
- EMR & other documentation initiatives
- Development & implementation of new care models & protocols,
- Programs to reduce readmissions and address bundling of stroke care
- Expanding role of housestaff & mid-level providers
- Active participation in clinical research trials, including patient recruitment, completion of patient assessments and necessary paperwork
- Participation in regional and national stroke meetings
- Recommendation for an academic appointment on the appropriate track at Jefferson and collaboration with that Department. Rank in accordance with Jefferson policies.
- At all times working with all physicians, residents and staff in a professional manner
- Taking on such additional responsibilities as are mutually agreed upon by you and the Department Chair.