Looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Neurohospitalist to join our well established, hospital employed General Neurology practice. 7 on/7off work schedule. Telemedicine for acute stroke. Providers in the practice include Augusto Juguilon, MD, and Laura Sova, NP.
- Option #1: Base salary of $279,000 (50%tile MGMA for those just completing training) with additional compensation for experience, guaranteed for 2 years. Can be switched to a wRVU production contract when exceeding target.
- Option #2: Base salary of $345,000* (75%tile MGMA) guaranteed for one year and then switched to a wRVU production contract.
* 5% less for those not yet boarded, salary adjusted accordingly upon board certification
2-year contract also includes:
- CME/Books & Journals: 5 days PTO and up to $5000
- Deferred compensation: 457b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $19,000 year before taxes. No matching.
- Retirement / Savings Plan: 403b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $19,000 year before taxes under age 50 and $24,000 for over age 50. SOMC matches dollar for dollar up to 2% of base pay.
- Moving Expense: $10,000 paid to moving company
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage: in a claims made insurance, in an amount of $1,000,000, per claim/$3,000,000, aggregate
- Health Insurance: physician pays small premium, deducted from paycheck
- Liquidated Damages: 70 mile and 2 year non-compete clause or liquidated damages of one year salary
- CERP (Pay for Call) Program: Explained by VP of Finance
- Bonus Incentives: excellent bonus incentives up to 30% of salary
- Medical School Loan Repayment: repay up to $200,000 ($25,000 per year for each year of service commitment)
- Residency Stipend: up to $25,000 (requires up to 2 year service commitment)
- Vacation: 4 weeks plus holidays/sick days (29 PTO days). Additional 5 days when producing 75%tile wRVUs
- Sign on Bonus: 15% of base salary up to $100,000 (paid when contract signed and forgiven over 2-4 years depending on amount of sign on bonus)
- Practice Location
- Main Hospital located at 1805 27th Street Portsmouth, OH
- 248 beds
- Provide consults to all inpatient units within hospital
- Work Schedule
- Call Schedule/CERP (if applicable)
- Eligible to earn additional compensation by joining our CERP (Pay for Call) Program
- Case Load
- Average volume 10 – 12 patients/day
- 8 -10 new consults/day
- When covering weekend, usually average 6-8 new consults/day.
- 2 Nicolet / Viasys / Carefusion digital EEG Machines – approximately 800-1000 tests per year
- Nicolet / Viasys EMG Machine – over 300 per year
- Ambulatory EEG available
- Practice Expectations
- Looking for a personable, hardworking, team player devoted to patient centered care
- Work well with team and staff
- Ability to build service line