Purpose: Provide Palliative Care consultations within Unity Hospital, its long term care facilities and selected outpatient sites. Provide attending physician services at Hildebrandt inpatient hospice facility.
- Provide consultation in hospice and palliative care, symptom management and supportive care for hospital inpatients, patients in chronic care facilities, and inpatient hospice facility.
Effectively communicate recommendations with attending providers.
- Facilitate clarification of patient and family goals of care.
- Participate and lead interdisciplinary model of care including weekly team meetings. Team members include Advance Practice Providers, Palliative Care Social Worker, Hospice Nursing staff, Chaplain.
- Provide educator and preceptor role to medical residents, hospice/palliative care fellows, and students rotating on the palliative care and hospice services.
- Assist in quality improvement and educational initiatives as they pertain to Hospice and Palliative care program.
- Participate equitably in physician on-call schedule.
- Assist in the development of outpatient palliative care consult service.
- Competitive compensation, signing bonus, relocation assistance, comprehensive benefits package including healthcare insurance, full malpractice coverage, retirement plan, CME and generous vacation time
- MD or DO with license to practice in New York State.
- Board certified or Board eligible in Hospice/Palliative Medicine
- DEA registration
Rochester Regional Health is an integrated health services organization serving the people of Western New York, the Finger Lakes and beyond. The system provides care from 150 locations, including five hospitals; more than 100 primary and specialty practices, rehabilitation centers and ambulatory campuses; innovative senior services, facilities and independent housing; a wide range of behavioral health services; and ACM Medical Laboratory, a global leader in patient and clinical trials.