- Board certification/eligibility in Pediatric Neurology is required. We welcome both experienced as well as upcoming graduates.
- This position is supported by two experienced Child Neurologists, 1 Neuropsychologist and two Pediatric Neurosurgeons
- Competitive salary, generous benefits package including a defined contribution retirement plan and $4,000 annual CME reimbursement
- 450+ employed provider network, including 40 Pediatricians and 80+ pediatric specialists in over 25 subspecialties
- Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Health will open it’s free standing hospital in fall 2019. The first hospital built in Louisiana designed for children from the ground up
- 7 Pediatric Hospitalists and 5 Pediatric Intensivists delivering 24 hour 0n-site care
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Affiliate Clinic
- Pediatric Development and Therapy Center
- Pediatric Residency Program
- Psychiatry Residency Program
- Tort Reform State
- Visit OLOL Children's Health to learn more about our “Journey to Amazing”
About our Hospital:
Opened in October 2019 and with 350,000 sq. feet filled with state-of-the-art equipment, Our Lady of the Lake Children's Hospital is equipped to help our 80+ pediatric specialists provide the best outcomes for our youngest patients. The first hospital in Louisiana built specifically for children, it includes 30 ED bays, two trauma rooms and a helipad, along with six operating rooms, 91 inpatient beds, play-rooms and a
family resource center. In addition, one full floor is dedicated to pediatric oncology services including one of the largest St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital affiliate clinics. Our specialists enjoy a 95,000 square-foot medical office building adjacent to the hospital which was completed in December 2019.
More than just a hospital, Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Health is a collaborative, coordinated and child-focused statewide health network serving Louisiana's youth. The network includes the new freestanding hospital in Baton Rouge, as well as Lourdes Women's and Children's in Lafayette, and St. Francis Pediatrics in Monroe.
This network connects pediatricians, pediatric specialists and other health providers across our state with clinics in the Baton Rouge region, Hammond, Lafayette, Gonzales, Walker and Monroe. The network, connected by one integrated electronic medical record, means medical care for is collaborative and seamless.
The team spans more than 25 specialties featuring over 80 specialists that are specifically trained to treat children. Our network offers more than 40 pediatricians across the Baton Rouge region that are here to ensure our children stay well.
From well checks to complex medical care, Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Health serves Louisiana’s children both near and far.
About Baton Rouge:
Located on the eastern bank of the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge is the capital of Louisiana and its second-largest city. Baton Rouge is home to Louisiana State University, Southern University and is a major industrial, petrochemical, medical, research, motion picture, and growing technology center of the American South. Baton Rouge enjoys a strong economy that has helped the city be ranked as one of the "Top 10 Places for Young Adults" by Portfolio Magazine and one of the top 20 cities in North America for economic strength by Brookings. Just an hour away from New Orleans, Baton Rouge is the perfect city to explore the eclectic culture of Louisiana; and the mild climate, lakes, and coastal access provides for plenty of outdoor activities as well. With a vibrant music and arts scene, a myriad of exciting shopping and dining options, and rich sense of history, Baton Rouge was named the 4th Happiest City in America, and is a great place to work and live.
For further consideration, please contact our Senior Physician Recruiter, Kathy Prejean