Are you looking to use your compassion for patient care in an excellent Pediatric Hospitalist opportunity?
Ascension/Borgess Hospital is looking for a Board certified/Board Eligible Pediatric Hospitalist for our Level II, 424 bed hospital in Kalamazoo.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to partner with Ascension Borgess Women’s Health and help Borgess establish a cohesive growing group with flexible schedules.
- Must be BC/BE in Pediatrics
- Outstanding patient care qualities
- Provide care for both newborn patients and pediatric patients. Candidates will be providing 24 hour coverage with a mix of shifts.
- Newborn Patients: Perform prenatal consults, attend deliveries, perform newborn resuscitation, admit to special care nursery as needed, stabilize newborns prior to transport for those requiring a higher level of care, procedures (circs, LPs, needle decompression, intubations, umbilical lines, frenotomies, etc.), and round on newborns daily.
- Pediatric Patients: Perform consults in ED, admit patients to the floor (with diagnoses such as dehydration, respiratory distress, evaluation and treatment for possible sepsis), communicate with outpatient pediatric care providers, stabilize patients prior to transfer for those requiring a higher level of care, round on pediatric patients daily.
The members of the pediatric hospitalist team work together with parents to develop a plan of care for newborns. Ask about the pediatric/ parent support programs designed to encourage parental involvement.
Compensation: This is a hospital employed position with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Teaching and research opportunities are available through Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.
Ascension Borgess Hospital
Join our Community
- As a member of Borgess Health, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
- Whether you’re looking to fulfill your calling here or at one of our 1,900 Ascension sites of care across 24 states, we are here to support you. Patients benefit from our nationwide collaboration between hospitals, medical practices and innovators.
- As a member of the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country, we are able to share best practices and knowledge across our smart network.
- We recognize that the most important part of a healthcare network is our doctors and our advanced practice providers who are providing care for patients. To support your work, Borgess Health and Ascension provide tools and resources to help you deliver quality, individualized outcomes.
- Borgess Health includes more than 130 sites of care in 15 southern Michigan cities, as well as eight owned or affiliated hospitals, a nursing home, ambulatory care facilities, home health care, physician practices, managed care services, a cancer center and an air ambulance service.
- Borgess Health offers a complete continuum of services to over 1 million people living in 10 counties in southwest Michigan.
- Borgess Medical Center, the heart of the network in Kalamazoo, is a 424-bed teaching facility, with renowned cardiology, behavioral health and neuroscience programs.
- Located halfway between Detroit and Chicago and 45 minutes from the Lake Michigan shoreline.
- It is an important destination for business, education and cultural events.
- Kalamazoo is home to three local colleges/universities as well as Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.
- The greater Kalamazoo area has several outstanding school systems.
- Portage, MI, just 10 minutes outside of the city, has been ranked by several publications and websites as one of the BEST PLACES to live in MI.
- We are also home to the famous Kalamazoo Promise. The Kalamazoo Promise is the only scholarship program of its kind. The program provides resident graduates of the Kalamazoo Public Schools with to up 100 percent of their tuition and mandatory fees for four years at Michigan's public universities and community colleges. This includes U of M and MSU.
- Kalamazoo offers all the amenities of the big city, only minutes away from quiet neighborhoods and more remote country-side or lakeside living. The maximum commute time anywhere in the city is 20 minutes without the bumper-to-bumper traffic of large metro areas.
- There are 101 lakes in Kalamazoo county.
- There are dozens of outdoor, family- friendly activities [Hiking, camping, biking, skiing, boating +]
- There are three museums, fantastic concert venues, sporting events and theater.
Please submit your interest along with your CV and Cover Letter to Maria Cole, Senior Physician Recruiter, Borgess/Ascension Health.