Fairview Northland Medical Center Hospitalist Team, which currently consists of three physicians and two advanced practice providers (APPs), seeks a BC/BE Med/Peds or Family Medicine Physician to join their Hospitalist team. Hospitalists round on inpatients and patients on Observation status, provide consult services to Surgical colleagues in the hospital and take un-assigned patients from the Emergency Room.
Typical day shift workload will include discharges, rounding, consultation for co-management of surgical patients as requested, and early day admits. Typical swing shift and night shift workload will include admits, cross-cover, and occasional late day discharges. Overnight in-house provider also covers Fairview Lakes hospital by Telemedicine (for overnight admits and cross-cover) and provides telephone coverage for calls from Nursing home nurses for Nursing home residents who are covered by Fairview Geriatric services. APPs work an overlapping shift with day and swing shift Physician to cover the hospitalist service. Physician is expected to be competent in management of inpatients including children, healthy newborns, adults and co-management of critically ill adults with an off-site Intensivist using telemedicine.
- Current average hospitalist census: 13 per day (expected to grow)
- Admit approximately 3-6 patients per swing and overnight shift for FV Northland
- Collaborate with TeleICU Critical Care physicians (located at Fairview Southdale hospital), and local ER Physician who is present on-site 24 hours/day.
- Patients consist of 90% adults, 10% pediatrics (about 100-120 pediatric hospitalizations per year).
- Anticipated work schedule: variable 4 week rotation, may alternate between day shifts, swing/evening shifts and possibly overnight shifts (all local on-site overnight shifts are presently covered by one nocturnist in the group) and includes weekends and Holidays. Schedule is subject to change over time.
- Fairview Northland Medical Center is a 54-bed licensed facility offering a full range of primary and specialty care services to the 100,000+ population of Princeton, Minnesota and surrounding communities.
- Outpatient specialties include: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Podiatry, Sports Medicine, General Surgery, Cardiology, Allergy, ENT, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Neurology, OB/Gyn, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Pulmonology, Urology
- Average number of surgical cases annually: 3,100
- Average number of Emergency Department visits annually: 18,000
- Number of deliveries annually: 530
- We have a fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- Excellent supportive team. Community supported hospital, with resources of a large organization.
- Initial market competitive salary guarantee with additional earning potential.
- Sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Internal Medicine-Pediatrics or Family Medicine residency training program.
- Board Certified/Board Prepared with the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
Princeton, Minnesota is known for its stately white pines, history of industry and commitment to innovation. Located just one hour north of the Twin Cities, and one hour south of some of the state's finest lakes and recreation areas-it is now at the expanding edge of the metropolitan area. Although a part of the fastest-growing region of state, Princeton and surrounding communities have retained their hometown charm, commitment to educational excellence and economic vitality as they meld the very best of city and country living.