Centra Health, an award-winning regional healthcare and teaching system in Central Virginia, is recruiting a 3rd BC/BE Vascular Surgeon to join its team. Part of Centra’s Heart and Vascular Institute, our Vascular Surgery program is backed by substantial resources and a collegial atmosphere that helps our surgeons thrive and succeed!
Service Line/Position Highlights:
- Part of a large multispecialty cardiology & vascular clinic with integrated wound care, bariatrics, and endocrinology (94 providers total)
- Vascular surgery team: 2 full-time physicians; 2 part-time physicians; 4 advanced practice providers
- Siemens hybrid lab with Zeego system, standard OR with new GE portable fluoroscopy with high resolution vascular package
- Tentative plans for OBL/ASC (office-based lab/ambulatory surgery center) in outpatient facility
- 40/60 ratio endovascular to open
- Physician assistant support with endoscopic vein harvesting skills, cath lab skills, and patient care skills
- Independent referral base in addition to in-clinic referrals
- 20-year legacy of board-certified vascular surgeons providing services
Compensation and Benefits:
- $550k-$750k compensation range
- $20k in upfront bonuses
- Up to $100k in student loan repayment
- Up to $10k in relocation assistance
- Up to $7,500 CME Allowance
- Matching 403(b) (100% match up to 3%)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as supplemental options
- Malpractice insurance covered
- 224 hours of allowable time off
About Centra Medical Group:
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves 600,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals and 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you’ll find the kind of leadership (physician-led), forward-thinking, and partnerships necessary to thrive in today’s healthcare marketplace. Our providers at Centra are part of Archetype Health, an ACO that delivers value-based care to our Medicare patients and populations. With the success of Archetype Health, our patients are receiving high quality care and our providers are being incentivized. Explore your exciting options with Centra Medical Group!
Lifestyle and Community:
Located in the heart of Virginia, Lynchburg is a thriving city known for its history, outdoor beauty, and quality of life. It’s big enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and rail service, yet small enough to be free of gridlock and urban crime rates. Lynchburg is conveniently located along the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, just three hours from Washington, D.C. and coastal beaches, and only minutes from lakefront communities, mountaintop trails, and ski slopes. The area also provides a broad range of housing options, acclaimed schools, a vibrant arts community, and temperate weather.