What we’re offering:
- Join an experienced, friendly, and expanding academic Section of Geriatric Medicine at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center comprised of 3 physicians and 5 advanced practice providers, with a fellowship training program in Geriatric Medicine.
- Robust inpatient geriatric population across medical and surgical service lines
- Competitive salary and benefits; rank commensurate with experience
- Opportunities for medical education and/or research interests are available.
What we’re seeking:
- Geriatrician with strong clinical and leadership skills who can work collaboratively to lead an inpatient geriatric consult service at Penn State Hershey Medical Center
- Interest in geriatric focused inpatient care including, but not limited to, trauma, orthopedics and surgical oncology as well as ability to serve as a physician champion for nursing and intra-professional initiatives that improve the care of older adults throughout the hospitalization
- Implement initiatives to create an Age-Friendly Health System
- Candidates with interest in blending inpatient and outpatient geriatrics, as well as skilled nursing rehabilitative care are welcome
- Appropriate candidates must possess a MD, DO, or foreign equivalent
- BE/BC in Internal Medicine
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
No J1 visa waiver options available
About the Area:
Located in a safe family-friendly setting, Hershey, PA, our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC.
Penn State Health is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.