Join Onslow Memorial Hospital as their Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer. As Chief Medical Officer (CMO), this leader serves as a key member of the administrative team and is responsible for medical affairs and for providing administration and the medical staff with knowledge, expertise and leadership from a medical management perspective.
- Facilitates communication and understanding among the various clinical components of Onslow Memorial Hospital and Onslow Ambulatory Services assuring the provision of high quality, efficient and safe care, provides and maintains an organized and effective leadership for the medical staff while supporting the goals, mission, and values of the corporation.
- This role performs responsible administrative and professional work in planning, budgeting, organizing, and supervising activities departments of responsibility; establish/review policies, procedures, standards, and objectives for the provision of services; coordinate with other departments to provide maximum level of services to patients, family, and hospital staff.
- Provides oversight and support for the Medical Staff structure with daily operations, quality patient care, and compliance with legal, regulatory, and accreditation requirements.
- Coordinates all medical staff planning and physician recruitment efforts to include medical services planning in conjunction with Medical Staff leadership; contract development, negotiation, and implementation with legal review and board approval; and, facilitation of practice startups for recruited physicians.
- Serves as Executive on Call as scheduled. Supports the Service Improvement Program for Patient and Family Centered care. The position will include approximately 25 percent of clinical work.
Onslow Memorial Hospital, originally founded in 1944, stands as a 162 bed acute care, community hospital located in costal North Carolina, serving the city of Jacksonville and greater Onslow County.