Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is seeking Board Certified/Eligible Critical Care Physicians to join our team. MHUMC serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Our Critical Care team is growing as we are expanding our ICU in 2020.
Below are some highlights of the position:
• 54 bed ICU – medical and cardiovascular with additional 26 beds being added in 2020
• Average census 18 patients per provider
• 24/7 physician coverage - daytime and night APP support
• Internal Medicine residents rotate through ICU
• Teaching opportunities available
• 15 shifts per month
• This is an employed position with HCA Physician Services Group offering competitive compensation and benefits packages
MHUMC is a 612-bed hospital in Savannah, GA. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 Trauma Center, the region's only children's hospital and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
In addition to MHUMC, our system includes primary and specialty care doctors, business services and NurseOne, our 24-hour call center. We also have a major medical education program that trains residents in internal medicine, diagnostic radiology, family medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics and surgery.