Halifax Health is seeking a compassionate and hardworking Hospice and Palliative Medicine Physician to join our team!
Halifax Health is the area’s only Level II Trauma Center serving the Volusia County community since 1928. Halifax Health is the area's largest tertiary healthcare provider. The main campus is located in Daytona Beach with 678 licensed beds, there is an 80-bed community hospital; Halifax Health Medical Center of Port Orange and brand new 90-bed hospital that opened early 2020; Halifax Health – UF Health Medical Center of Deltona. Halifax Health has over 500 physicians on its Medical Staff representing more than 46 medical specialties.
Halifax Health is a growing three hospital system with an affiliated large not-for-profit hospice organization that has been serving the community for forty years. The organization serves an average daily census of 600 patients and has four free-standing inpatient care centers. It maintains outstanding quality metrics and is the top rated hospice in central Florida. Our physicians have a unique mixed practice opportunity. In addition to supporting a large not-for-profit hospice organization, our physicians assist in leading a busy, respected inpatient palliative care team which is celebrating its 10 year anniversary. Members enjoy learning from one another and seek to promote our specialty by teaching residents, medical students, and nurse practitioners. We welcome innovative thinkers who can do our emotionally challenging work.
Daytona Beach is rich with history, in addition to the 23 miles of white sand beaches, the community is overflowing with sporting venues, museums, band shell concerts, night life, parks, wildlife, water activities and family fun. There are excellent private and public schools including a top 10 ranked International Baccalaureate high school. There are three Universities including Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University which is ranked in the top 5 for small private engineering schools.
The Daytona Beach area in east central Florida is also only an hour away from other major cities including Orlando and Jacksonville!
Live by the beach while making a difference at a respected safety net hospital with a job you will love. Come for the lifestyle, stay for the career!
What We Expect From You:
- Passion for serving patients and families
- Superb communication skills
- Full time, Employed position
- Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Must hold US citizenship or permanent residency
- Must obtain a Florida license
- Physician Governance Council allows for physician input into strategic planning and operational policies for the employed physician group
What You Get From Us:
- Chance to live and work in a wonderful beachside community
- Great colleagues
- Patients and families who need you and whose stories will enrich your life
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision and a Matched 403(b) retirement plan, Unmatched 457 deferred comp plan also available.
- Sovereign immunity covers malpractice
- 30 days for vacation, CME, sick, and/or holidays
- CME allocation and up to 2 organizational memberships paid
- Relocation assistance/ Sign on bonuses
- Qualifying employer for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness program
Halifax Health is proud to be the area’s only -
- 24-Hour Pediatric Intensive Care Units and Level III Neonatal ICU
- Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services - Designated Volusia County School Site serving nearly 5,500 patients a year and more than 18,000 patients since opening in 1992
- Joint Commission Certified Outpatient Diabetes Care Program
- Kidney Transplant Program
- Palliative Care Consultative Services
- Pediatric Emergency Department with board-certified pediatricians on call 24/7
- Level II Trauma Center - Staffs area’s only trauma surgeons with advanced training in critical care medicine 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Area’s only Orthopedic Traumatologist
- Da Vinci® S Surgical System robotic platform used to perform minimally invasive surgery
- MoreOB (Managing Obstetrical Risk Efficiently program) - 1st in state of Florida
- DaTscan - the first ADA-approved diagnostic radiopharmaceutical adjunct image agent to assist physicians in evaluating patients with suspected Parkinson’s disease
- General Surgery Residency Program
- Area's only Obstetric Emergency Department - 90,000 patients per year
- Area's only Comprehensive Stroke Center - 24/7 fully equipped and fully staffed neurosurgical operating rooms.
- Area’s only hospital to provide advanced radiology technology that can calculate how bad brain cells are damaged after a stroke – to help determine treatment
- Area's only Interventional Radiology Service
- Area’s only GE Revolution CT scanner
- Area’s only gynecologic oncologist – Kelly Molpus, MD
- Area’s only Hereditary Risk Assessment Program
- Area’s only Survivorship Program within the Center of Oncology
- Area’s only full-time Oncology Nutritionist
- Area’s only hospital to provide early stage breast cancer technology - IntraBeam IORT
- Area’s most advanced Cancer Research Program
- Area’s only hospital to receive the highest rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons on patient outcomes from heart bypass surgery
- Area’s only hospital to provide conscious sedation for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Area’s only hospital to provide Brain Lab – Stereotactic Radiation – which can target over 10 metastatic tumors in one radiologic surgery session.
- Area’s only hospital in the State of Florida to provide the HMR – Weight Loss System.