Halifax Health Hospice is seeking an Experienced Hospice and Palliative Physician to join our team!
Halifax Health Hospice is seeking an experienced, board-certified Hospice and Palliative Medicine Physician to join our team. This full time position provides a unique mixed practice opportunity, with employed physicians providing direct patient care to patients both under the care of Halifax Health Hospice, as well as to hospitalized patients on our inpatient palliative care consult service.
Halifax Health Hospice is a forty year old not-for-profit hospice organization. The organization prides itself on the provision of high quality, compassionate, and thoughtful care to our patients and families. It maintains outstanding quality metrics, and is the top rated hospice in Central Florida. The hospice cares for an average daily census of 550 patients in the Volusia, Flagler, Orange, and Osceola counties and has four freestanding hospice inpatient units.
Halifax Health Palliative Care is a robust, well-respected program that is over ten years old and serves the three hospitals in the Halifax Health system. The inpatient consult team sees over 200 individual consults a month, and is composed of an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurse practitioners, a social worker and a palliative chaplain.
We are looking for an experienced, compassionate, and thoughtful individual who will help us deliver exceptional care while leading and educating our team as we continue to grow hospice and palliative care services in our region. Our physicians share responsibilities providing hospice interdisciplinary group support, direct care for patients in our inpatient hospice units, and serve as attending physician on our hospital palliative team.
What We Expect From You:
- Passion for serving patients and families
- Superb communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Experienced (5 years or more), Full time, Employed position
- Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Must hold US citizenship or permanent residency
- Must obtain a Florida license
- Physician Governance Council allows for physician input into strategic planning and operational policies for the employed physician group
What You Get From Us:
- Chance to live and work in a wonderful beachside community
- Great colleagues
- Patients and families who need you and whose stories will enrich your life
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision and a Matched 403(b) retirement plan, Unmatched 457 deferred comp plan also available.
- Sovereign immunity covers malpractice
- 30 days for vacation, CME, Sick, and/or holidays
- CME allocation and up to 2 organizational memberships paid
- Relocation assistance/ Sign on bonuses
About the area:
Daytona Beach is rich with history, in addition to the 23 miles of white sand beaches, the community is overflowing with sporting venues, museums, band shell concerts, night life, parks, wildlife, water activities and family fun. There are excellent private and public schools including a top 10 ranked International Baccalaureate high school. There are three Universities including Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University which is ranked in the top 5 for small private engineering schools.
The Daytona Beach area in east central Florida is also only an hour away from other major cities including Orlando and Jacksonville!
Live by the beach while making a difference at a respected safety net hospital with a job you will love. Come for the lifestyle, stay for the career!
Halifax Health is proud to be the area’s only -
- 24-Hour Pediatric Intensive Care Units and Level III Neonatal ICU
- Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services - Designated Volusia County School Site serving nearly 5,500 patients a year and more than 18,000 patients since opening in 1992
- Joint Commission Certified Outpatient Diabetes Care Program
- Kidney Transplant Program
- Palliative Care Consultative Services
- Pediatric Emergency Department with board-certified pediatricians on call 24/7
- Level II Trauma Center - Staffs area’s only trauma surgeons with advanced training in critical care medicine 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Area’s only Orthopedic Traumatologist
- Da Vinci® S Surgical System robotic platform used to perform minimally invasive surgery
- MoreOB (Managing Obstetrical Risk Efficiently program) - 1st in state of Florida
- DaTscan - the first ADA-approved diagnostic radiopharmaceutical adjunct image agent to assist physicians in evaluating patients with suspected Parkinson’s disease
- General Surgery Residency Program
- Area's only Obstetric Emergency Department - 90,000 patients per year
- Area's only Comprehensive Stroke Center - 24/7 fully equipped and fully staffed neurosurgical operating rooms.
- Area’s only hospital to provide advanced radiology technology that can calculate how bad brain cells are damaged after a stroke – to help determine treatment
- Area's only Interventional Radiology Service
- Area’s only GE Revolution CT scanner
- Area’s only gynecologic oncologist – Kelly Molpus, MD
- Area’s only Hereditary Risk Assessment Program
- Area’s only Survivorship Program within the Center of Oncology
- Area’s only full-time Oncology Nutritionist
- Area’s only hospital to provide early stage breast cancer technology - IntraBeam IORT
- Area’s most advanced Cancer Research Program
- Area’s only hospital to receive the highest rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons on patient outcomes from heart bypass surgery
- Area’s only hospital to provide conscious sedation for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Area’s only hospital to provide Brain Lab – Stereotactic Radiation – which can target over 10 metastatic tumors in one radiologic surgery session.
- Area’s only hospital in the State of Florida to provide the HMR – Weight Loss System.