Associate Medical Director of Critical Care Opportunity:
Centra Medical Group is looking for a BE/BC Intensivist to serve as Associate Medical Director for its Critical Care Service Line.
Centra Lynchburg General Hospital has 357 beds, 48 dedicated to critical care including Cardiothoracic, Neurological, Medical and Surg/Trauma. The hospital is located in Central Virginia and is surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains!
Applicants not from an internal medicine background (neuro, anesthesia, ER, surgery) are welcome to apply, but should be comfortable caring for a wide breadth of patients. Interest in neurocritical care is a plus, but not mandated. Applicants should be comfortable with typical critical care procedures including intubation, central line placement, management of shock, and chest tube placement. The ICUs are an open model with mandated consultation. Part-time applicants also welcome to apply. Please note, sponsorships are not currently available.
- Team: 7 physicians; 8 advanced practice providers
- Position would be 80% clinical, and 20% administrative
- Inpatient shift work
- Level II Trauma Center
- Teamwork approach with other service lines (i.e. emergency medicine, cardiology, neurology, pulmonology, trauma, surgery)
- Average census for days range 8-12 with midlevel support. At night new admissions covering 20-25 patients. On average, admit 3 patients at night. During day, each team does about 2-3 admissions.
- Critical Care shifts are 12 hour, restricted shifts, with flexible stretches of 3-7 days. Provider has to be onsite at LGH. Day shifts are 7a.m. – 7p.m. and night shifts are 7p.m. to 7a.m. During the day, there are two MDs and usually one-two Midlevels covering 48 ICU beds in MICU, NICU, CTICU, STICU. During the night, there is one MD on shift covering the same number of beds.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation range: $325k - $405k
- $20k in upfront bonuses
- Up to $100k in student loan repayment
- Up to $10k in relocation assistance
- Up to $7,500 CME Allowance
- Matching 403(b) (100% match up to 3%)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as supplemental options
- Malpractice insurance covered
About Centra Medical Group:
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves 600,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 4 long-term care facilities, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you’ll find the kind of leadership (physician-led), forward-thinking, and partnerships necessary to thrive in today’s healthcare marketplace. Our providers at Centra are part of Archetype Health, an ACO that delivers value-based care to our Medicare patients and populations. With the success of Archetype Health, our patients are receiving high quality care and our providers are being incentivized. Explore your exciting options with Centra Medical Group!
Lifestyle and Community:
Located in the heart of Virginia, Lynchburg is a thriving city known for its history, outdoor beauty, and quality of life. It’s big enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and rail service, yet small enough to be free of gridlock and urban crime rates. Lynchburg is conveniently located along the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, just three hours from Washington, D.C. and coastal beaches, and only minutes from lakefront communities, mountaintop trails, and ski slopes. The area also provides a broad range of housing options, acclaimed schools, a vibrant arts community, and temperate weather.