As a member of the Regional Medical Center of San Jose Anesthesia Team, you will be part of a 12 physician anesthesia team (all MD model). The members you will be a part of have a shared interest in clinical and operational initiatives to improve quality, patient satisfaction and perioperative performance through the implementation of evidence-based practices that are aligned with the facility’s leadership.
The physician led group offers strong local, regional and national level support. Our commitment to learning and development ensures that you are provided the tools necessary to continue to develop your skills to reach your highest potential.
Regional Medical Center of San Jose, a 264-bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, has been delivering elite level care with compassion since 1965. Regional Medical Center of San Jose is a nationally recognized and accredited facility who serves as a Comprehensive Stoke Center and was a Healthgrade’s America’s 100 Best recipient in Best Cardiac Care (2017), General Surgery (2017), Coronary Intervention (2017) and a 5-star recipient in Hysterectomy (2017), Treatment of Sepsis (2017), and Treatment of Heart Attacks (2017). Regional Medical Center of San Jose is a Level II designated Trauma Center staffed by in-house specialists 24/7/365. The hospital provides a host of technologically advanced services including Cardiovascular, Neuro, Orthopedic, Bariatric and General Surgery, Interventional Pulmonology, along with multi-organ Cancer Care, and Women’s services. Regional holds Joint Commission advanced certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Get with the Guidelines – Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. It is a Santa Clara county-designated STEMI Receiving Center, designated Lung Cancer Screening Center, a member of Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ECMO) and is certified by The Joint Commission in Sepsis care.
• 24/7 coverage model, Level II Trauma Center (greater than 2,220 activations in 2018)
• 12-hour and 10-hour block shift schedule with post-call time off
• Call: weekday call is 3 deep (1 in-house, 2 from home). Weekend call is 4 deep (2 in-house, 2 from home)
• 5 ORs covered plus trauma on weekdays – roughly 6,000 cases annually
• 1 Labor/Delivery unit – approximately 850 deliveries annually
• CV does approximately 70 non-pump cases annually, pump case anesthesia provided by outside anesthesia partner
• w2 employment opportunity. Outstanding, shift-based compensation that should exceed the 75 percentile
• Annual CME allowance
• Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage option for physician and dependents
Education Training and Experience Required
• MD or DO
• Must be or become Board Certified in Anesthesia
• Experience with neuraxial and regional anesthesia helpful.
• Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area
• Ability to work as a team member
• Must have commitment to excellence in clinical service and be forward thinking
• Excellent communication (written and verbal); strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to perform all technical skills in the perioperative and L&D environment
The RCM Anesthesia Difference
• The success of the anesthesia team relies on strong team building strategies within the perioperative environment – from PAT through discharge and the hardwiring of best practice evidence base protocols and streamlining the delivery of hospital wide anesthesia services.
• The physicians who work with our program have the ability to impact change on a national scale through our association with HCA.
• We believe work/life balance is important and we strive to help providers maintain this balance.
• We are a physician driven company that values physician input and experience.
• Our partnership with HCA provides access to data on a large scale and allows us to test and implement new models of care and management for the best interest of our patients and physicians.
San Jose is located in the heart of Silicon Valley nestled between the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains and South Bay. San Jose offers a diverse population and is a unique cultural hub offering diverse food options and year around cultural events steeped in history. You will find everything here from beautiful landscapes to entertainment. San Jose is a one-hour drive from San Francisco