This is an academic position for an IM Physician to work as a preceptor with IM residents in an ACGME residency program in the Continuity Clinic setting. This is a graduate medical education faculty position.
Physician will be responsible for teaching and supervising internal medicine residents in the Continuity Clinic during years 1-3 of their training. The clinic serves a diverse patient population spanning all adult age groups, socio-economic classes, and ethnic groups. Dothan, AL ranked #1 small city for doctors by AdvisorSmith.
- This is a full-time position
- The program currently consists of 13 residents/yr
- Each resident will have 1 half day continuity clinic when on wards each week. When in research or elective, they will have 2 half days of clinic/week. There is no clinic during ICU,night float,or EM.
- Faculty Physician to resident ratio 1:4
- Faculty Physician would be responsible for precepting up to 4 residents each morning and 4 residents each afternoon
- Physician will be responsible for preparing and delivering occasional didactic lectures 10-15 min in length on selected topics/diseases
- Physician must be Internal Medicine Residency trained and BC in IM
- Ideal candidate will possess 3-5 yrs experience practicing outpatient IM post-residency training
- Enthusiasm for teaching and leading physicians
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm work schedule
- No weekend, holiday, or call requirements
- Clinic is located on Southeast Health campus
- Competitive annual compensation with incentive bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health,dental, disability and life insurance, retirement benefit, paid time off and extended illness benefit
- Paid malpractice with tail coverage
- Commencement/relocation payment on the first day of practice
- CME/Dues allowance and educational loan repaymentn options
- Paid interviewing expenses
- Established in 1957 and one of Alabama’s largest not-for-profit tertiary referral centers
- Serves over 600,000 in a 75-mile radius
- 2,800+ dedicated employees and 400+ active Medical Staff
- The fourth class of 160 students graduated from the Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) in May 2020. The ACGME Internal Medicine Residency Program's third class of residents will begin July 2020.
About Dothan, Alabama:
- Ranked #1 small city for doctors by AdvisorSmith
- Less than 100 miles to Gulf Coast Beaches
- Highland Oaks, a Robert Trent Jones Golf Course, and other public and private golf courses and driving ranges
- Regional airport served by Delta Airlines Recognized as a “Playful City” with 19 parks, 6 public swimming pools, 47 tennis courts
- including a 20-court complex built to
- professional standards