Located in one the nation’s most sought after destinations, Baptist Neurological Institute, Northeast Florida’s premier program for treatment of neurological conditions of the brain and spine, is actively seeking a NEUROMUSCULAR PHYSICIAN (NEUROLOGIST) to join the rapidly-growing and highly-distinguished clinical team. Candidates interested in establishing an advanced neuromuscular service to complement the existing neurology and neurophysiology services are desired. Successful candidates will have strong interest in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, myopathies, muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis and advanced neuromuscular diagnostics. Experience with single fiber EMG is preferred.
- Provide clinical oversight specific to best practices and gold standards of care in the evaluation and treatment of neuromuscular patients and conditions
- Collaborate closely with colleagues and providers across the care team and continuum
- Achieve optimal patient outcomes consistent with clinical objectives aimed at maximizing patient health and functional capacities
- Perform medical monitoring and effective surveillance to inhibit and prevent complication and promote access and full integration into the community to optimize quality of life
- Baptist Neurological Institute provides both inpatient and outpatient care at all Baptist Medical Center hospital locations and neuroscience clinics throughout the communities of Northeast Florida. Dedicated Neurohospitalists assist with inpatient care.
- The Baptist Neurology Group is currently expanding its program to further develop the Baptist Neuroscience Institute, a multi-specialty program with specialists in various neurological conditions such as Stroke, Neurophysiology, Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuro-ophthalmology, Neuro-oncology, and Movement Disorders.
- Baptist Neurology Group is one of the largest private health system integrated neurology groups in the Southeast United States.
- As a clinically integrated and highly-coordinated team, Baptist Medical Center South, Baptist Medical Center Beaches and Baptist Medical Center Nassau offer neurological expertise backed by the tertiary services and capabilities of Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville including Florida's only Neurologic Emergency Medicine Center and four floors solely dedicated to the care of neurologic patients including:
- Advanced neurosurgical operative suites with intraoperative MRI and CT capabilities
- Dedicated neuro-interventional suites with bi-plane imaging
- A dedicated 24-bed Neuro ICU
- 48 private patient suites for neurological conditions
The Strength of Our System
Baptist Neurological Institute and Baptist Neurology Group are affiliated with Baptist Health, Northeast Florida’s “Most Preferred” provider since 1990 ranking highest in the categories of Best Doctors, Best Nurses, Best Quality and Best Reputation. Baptist Health specialty physicians enjoy the ability to build thriving and robust practices as part of the largest physician network in the region, including more than 250 inpatient and outpatient primary care physicians at the core of the health system. With five nationally-recognized hospitals and clinical teams providing care across the spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services, Baptist Health offers physicians the opportunity for exceptional careers backed by renowned reputation, outstanding infrastructure and a patient-centered culture at the heart of our mission.
World Famous Quality of Life
Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, professional sports teams, championship tennis clubs, renowned golf courses, diverse heritage and vast cultural experiences.
- The area serves as home to some of the Sunshine State’s best cost of living and the nation’s most sought after quality of life, combining old southern charm with modern Florida flair.
- Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for individuals and families of all ages. Recently ranked by Time Magazine as the second most Up-and-Coming Cities and by Forbes Magazine as the Most Desirable City for Relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer.
- Equal parts relaxation and adventure, the region was recently chosen as one of Expedia’s “Top 20 Supercool U.S. Cities”.