Indiana University Health Fort Wayne (IUHFW) is seeking board certified or board eligible Gastroenterologist(s) for an exciting and foundational role in a newly developing limb of the largest healthcare system in the state. IUHFW is building a primary care base at three sites in Fort Wayne, on track to have 20 employed primary care physicians by the end of 2020.
As a part of our strategic development in northeast Indiana, we will open a new build ambulatory surgery center with designated
endoscopy suites in southwest Fort Wayne in 2020. We are currently recruiting qualified gastroenterologist(s) to collaborate with our highly skilled primary care physicians, advanced practitioners and clinical teams to develop an outpatient only gastroenterology service line based in the surgery center with office space immediately adjacent.
Employment Opportunity Details:
- Great opportunity in Indiana's second largest city, population 375,000
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- 100% outpatient
- High demand for GI services with insufficient existing Gastroenterologists in the region
- Specializes in the diagnosis, medical management and treatment of gastroenterology patients in an outpatient setting
- Competitive compensation model including sign-on bonus and relocation
- Strong compensation package personalized for each candidate. Package could include: salary guarantee, production incentive, CME/Dues, sign-on bonus/stipend, loan forgiveness, relocation assistance, etc.
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Fort Wayne is Indiana's 2nd largest city and boasts one of the lowest cost of living areas in the nation (ranked as second on U.S. News and World Report's 2020-2021 list of Best Affordable Places to live in the U.S.)
- Named to Money Magazine's 2019 list of the 100 Best Places to live in America
- The city is home to 82+ miles of beautiful trails circling a vibrant, eclectic downtown area surrounded by 3 rivers
- From Broadway theatre shows, one of the nation's top zoos, to beautiful museums and riverfront boat tours - the city has something to satisfy a wide array of interests
- Farm-to-fork dining, lively nightlife, live music, and celebrated minor league sports teams (baseball, basketball and hockey)
- Host of diverse festivals and a strong regional arts and crafts heritage (with a new mural trail)
- Active lifestyle includes kayaking, canoeing and paddle boarding at over 200 area lakes, PGA golf courses, bike trails, state parks, camping and a quarter-mile tobbogan run
- Conveniently located to major metro areas of Chicago, Detroit and Indianapolis, in addition, a short drive to access the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan and wine country
- Top-tier school systems - both private and public options
- Voted #1 city to raise a family in the US by Smartasset.com
- Learn more about Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana by watching this video