Indiana University Health Physicians is seeking an Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgeon to join our group at IU Health West Hospital in the Indianapolis suburb of Avon, IN.
IU Health's exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years. So, IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best and is the #1 healthcare system in Indiana.
IU Health is Indiana's largest healthcare system and is the states 4th largest employer. IU's Department of Orthopaedics consists of 35+ physicians, 20+ advanced providers, and 150+ support staff.
IU Health partners with Indiana University School of Medicine, the nation's largest medical school and home to Indiana's only orthopaedic residency program. So, we are able to provide leading-edge medicine and treatment to patients.
- Full Time, with call rotation possible
- ~75% Outpatient / 25% inpatient
- Responsibilities include:
- Provide orthopedic care to adult and adolescent patients with foot/ankle issues, including sports injuries
- See patients with general orthopedic issues, acute and chronic while building your foot/ankle practice
- Procedures: All foot/ankle procedures (hammertoe, bunion surgery, fusion surgery, metatarsal surgery, etc.)
- Learn more about the department here:
- DO or MD
- Fellowship trained in Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle
- Unfortunately, we cannot currently consider DPMs
- ABOS BE / BC in the United States
- Ability to acquire medical license in Indiana
- Graduating 2021 fellows and experienced BC physicians encouraged to apply
- Unable to sponsor visa candidates at this time
- We offer a strong compensation model with production bonus. Candidate will be dually employed by IU School of Medicine and IU Health Physicians
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,000 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,000 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Avon, Indiana is a beautiful and growing suburb of Indianapolis located just five miles west of downtown Indianapolis in Hendricks County. Residents enjoy a variety of entertainment and recreation along with an assortment of other wonderful amenities.
- Rich musical tradition paired with major retailers and local cuisine options
- Entertainment options and cultural amenities for the entire family to enjoy
- Twenty minutes to top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" nine consecutive years
- 30 parks and five golf courses within 7 miles offer outdoor amenities including trails, lakes, fishing, boating, disc golf, splash pad and athletic playing areas.
- Quick drive to lively downtown Indianapolis provides residents with big- city amenities including:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and winner of the National Biking Award
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati