IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians is looking for an experienced Medical Director, Oncology to join their team in the beautiful collegial town of Bloomington, IN.
Scenic Bloomington is a highly desired community with outdoor activities, cultural diversity, Big 10 college atmosphere, wide variety of restaurants, and more!
- 20% inpatient; 80% outpatient
- Schedule: M-F 8AM-5PM
- On-call: 1 in 7; weekends, weekdays and holidays are rotated equally
- 60% Clinical; 40% Administrative
- Bloomington with possible outreach in Morgan and Bedford
- New Regional Academic Health Campus to open late Fall of 2021!
- Develop, coordinate and oversee medical services that assure a comprehensive, patient-oriented approach to care that is compatible with and supportive of the patient care, teaching and research missions of Indiana University Health, the Indiana University School of Medicine, and other major affiliates of those entities
- Provide direct hematology and oncology patient care and following patients in the hospital
- Building and growing the local oncology program
- Participate in the formulation of policies and procedures for the Services
- Maintain personnel management accountability, provide continuous employee feedback and effective manage staff in a consistent manner
Minimum Job Requirements
- Candidate must be board certified in oncology and hematology
- Demonstrated leadership skills (inspiring, problem solving, communication across multiple organizations, executing)
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to lead quality improvement initiatives
- Strong compensation package with comprehensive benefits
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians providers deliver care in 11 counties in South Central Indiana (Brown, Daviess, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, Owen, and Washington). The group covers a patient base of just under 500,000. The region is home to three hospitals and one ambulatory care center - IU Health Bloomington Hospital, IU Health Bedford Hospital, IU Health Paoli Hospital, and IU Health Morgan. Our region offers a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from cancer care to cardiovascular healthcare to women and children's services.
Our Vision -
We will lead the transformation of healthcare through quality, innovation and education, and make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states.
Our Values -
- Purpose: We work to do good in the lives of all others
- Excellence: We do our best at all times and in new ways
- Compassion: We treat all people with respect, empathy and kindness
- Team: We count on and care for each other
Indiana University Health Southern Indiana Physicians is a multi-specialty provider group based in the South Central Region of Indiana. Our physicians and advanced practice providers are dedicated to providing quality care to south central Indiana.
As part of Indiana University Health, Southern Indiana Physicians is a part of Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. Our unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies.
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians is the second largest physician group within IU Health and operates over 50 practices employing around 370 providers within the South Central Region of Indiana.
Bloomington, Indiana is a progressive college town with the perfect blend of charm and culture. A community that prides itself not only on education and diversity, Bloomington has a robust arts and cultural scene including an officially designated cultural arts district (BEAD).
Residents of Bloomington enjoy the city's dynamic energy, spectacular scenery, outdoor adventure, and world-class educational opportunities.
- Named to Liveability's 2020 list of the Top 100 Best Places to Live and amongst Wallethub's 2020 Best Small Cities in America
- Vibrant downtown: arts, theaters, museums, and a thriving music scene
- Close proximity to top-ranked Indianapolis International Airport, voted "Best Airport in North America" nine consecutive years
- Home of Big Ten conference member Indiana University, as well as highly-rated public and private schools
- Host of annual music festivals, art fairs, and fall festivals
- Lively nightlife, award-winning wineries and distilleries, shopping, and unique dining (including global cuisine)
- Home to Indiana's only national forest, the largest state park in Indiana (Brown County State Park) and Lake Monroe
- Active lifestyle, including collegiate sports, an urban biking trail, camping, caverns, boating, hiking, golfing, fishing, horseback riding, and skiing
- 45 minutes to Indianapolis, 90 minutes to Louisville, and easy access to Cincinnati and Chicago