The Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full-time board certified/eligible Obstetric Anesthesiologist to serve as chief of its Division of Obstetric Anesthesiology. This position is at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on an academic or master clinician track.
The University of Minnesota was one of only 39 institutions awarded the distinction of “Center of Excellence” for obstetric anesthesia from the Society of Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology (SOAP) in 2019. The designation is determined by current clinical practice, proposed practice changes, and ongoing education in obstetric anesthesiology.
About the Appointment
- The ideal candidate will have clear vision for advancing the subspecialty, experience collaborating with obstetricians and other colleagues, and demonstrated leadership skills in shaping the future of the division.
- This position includes clinical duties working at University of Minnesota Medical Center in Minneapolis, MN. Position is also associated with a Level IV NICU at University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital.
- Division focuses on a Family Centered Cesarean Model. Position includes approximately 2500 deliveries per year, many of which are high risk.
- This position will include clinical services in both inpatient and ambulatory settings, along with teaching of medical students and residents. Also includes the opportunity to cover general OR cases.
- Academic faculty will be active in their national organizations and foster an academic environment for medical students, residents and faculty.
- Candidates must have demonstrated ability in teaching and in scholarly productivity in one or more specialty areas in anesthesiology.
- Work with high quality residents during the week.
- 12-hour call duty schedule, in-house.