The Penn State Health Children's Hospital, is offering an exciting physician opportunity for a Pediatric Nephrologist at our Hershey campus.
What We're Offering:
- You will be joining our expanding group of 3 additional pediatric nephrologists, in a division that provides a full range of inpatient and outpatient pediatric nephrology services including all standard forms of dialysis therapy.
- Collaborative work with our transplant surgeons in caring for approximately 60 kidney transplant recipients, including 4-8 new transplants yearly, with current transplant outcomes above national averages.
- A high quality program with a national reputation for teaching, research and state of the art patient care.
- Participation in resident and medical student education.
- Ability to maintain or pursue clinical research.
- Rank at the assistant, associate or professor level, commensurate with experience.
- Competitive salary, generous benefits and the ability to become part of the collegial faculty of Penn State Health Pediatrics.
What We're Seeking:
- Must be BC/BE in Pediatrics and Pediatric Nephrology.
- Have completed or currently enrolled in a Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship.
- An enthusiastic interest in collaborative clinical care and teaching, as well as a commitment to academic scholarship in its varied forms is essential.
- Our Division has a strong tradition of clinical and educational excellence and we seek to find a partner who will continue/enhance those efforts.
- The Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital is the sole tertiary care pediatric center for infants and children in Central Pennsylvania, serving a pediatric population of approximately 2-2.5 million children. All pediatric and surgical subspecialties are represented within the Children’s Hospital. In January 2013 we moved to a new state-of-the-art children’s hospital; that facility is currently undergoing expansion.
The Children’s Hospital is the primary training site for the Penn State College of Medicine and is adjacent to the College of Medicine basic science departments. There are multiple teaching opportunities, working with both pediatric residents and medical students, as well as many other learners throughout the institution. There are opportunities for both basic and clinical research available throughout the institution.
The Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. EOE-AA-M/F/D/V. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.