Cardiologist in Beautiful Reno/Lake Tahoe Area
Sierra Nevada Health Care System (VASNHCS) is seeking a Cardiologist in Medical Service. As a Cardiologist you will be accountable to the Chief, Medicine Service for assuring the most effective delivery of care in Cardiology while meeting and exceeding compliance standards. Administrative directions are provided in terms of broadly defined goals and missions and conjunctions with the Medicine Service priorities. You will exercise an exceptional degree of latitude in the planning, designing, implementation and accomplishment of program and responsibilities. You will work within the framework of VA guidelines, directives, and regulations. Work will be reviewed in terms of policy compliance and fulfillment of overall mission and program goals.
- You will participate in and/or manage all aspects of the Cardiologist general program, to include clinical, administrative, academic, and research components if warranted.
- You will also manage patient workload within available staffing, which may include support of a physician assistant.
- You will perform the usual administrative components of patient care management such as: documentation of progress notes and consultation finds in an electronic medical records, dictation and electronic signature of OP reports and hospital discharge summaries, electronic entry and signature of all doctor's orders for inpatient and outpatients, etc.
- You will deliver cardiology services and cardiology consultation to veterans seeking healthcare.
- Duties will include attending at cardiology clinic, reading EKG, long term event recordings, supervising Exercise stress test and stress echoes, reading and supervising echocardiograms.
VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System (VASNHCS) provides inpatient and outpatient care to a large geographical area that includes 20 counties in northern Nevada and northeastern California. The Reno campus is the site of the Ioannis A. Lougaris VA Medical Center, which operates 64 hospital beds and 60 Community Living Center (CLC) beds. VASNHCS also manages community-based outpatient clinics in Auburn and Susanville, CA, and Carson Valley, Lahontan Valley, Fallon, and Winnemucca, NV. VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System provides health care to approximately 120,000 veterans.
Benefits and Features
- Expected Salary range for well qualified Oncologist / Hematologist will range from $200,000.00 to $300,000.00, with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus. Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), and if approved, receive up to $200k in school loan repayment.
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching
Welcome to Reno/Tahoe! Nestled at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains with easy access to Lake Tahoe, Reno is ideal for your inner adventurer. Enjoy kayaking, paddle boarding, and hiking in the summer, sledding and snowshoeing in the winter, or head on up to the slopes to ski or snowboard where many Olympic athletes train. Check out our many hip restaurants and shops in Midtown, or take a walk by the river downtown and stop in at a dog friendly brewery. We are the home of a dynamic art scene and many iconic events: Artown, Hot August Nights, Street Vibrations, Rib Cook-off, Great Reno Balloon Races, Reno Rodeo, and the National Championship Air Races. Summers can get hot, but the humidity is low, and there is no state income tax in Nevada! For more information click: Special Events.
We encourage you to consider VA employment in Reno, NV. We offer both a mission you can put your heart into and a home for fun, new experiences. Join a team that values a healthy home/work life balance and be rewarded by your role in keeping the promise to those who served." For more information click Recreation
For more information, please visit www.whyreno.org.
For more information, please contact VA Healthcare Recruiter:
Kelly De Boer