CoxHealth is seeking a BE/BC Endocrinologist to join our growing Inpatient Endocrinology practice in Springfield, Missouri. Our Inpatient team currently includes 1 half-time physician, 4 experienced APPs (3.75 FTE total), and 1 diabetes educator. Future growth is planned for this team, with the goal of 3 inpatient physician partners to fully support CoxHealth inpatient Endocrinology needs, making use of telemedicine services for regional outreach.
The practice is based in Springfield with telemedicine available to address care at three regional hospitals. Close collaborative relationship with 5 outpatient endocrinologists and a team of outpatient APPs to facilitate excellent patient care in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our Endocrinology group is thriving, energetic, friendly, and enjoys an excellent work-life balance.
This is a unique opportunity to help grow a vibrant inpatient practice, with the full support of our well-established outpatient endocrinologist team.
- Provide oversight of endocrinology care in all CoxHealth inpatient settings, along with a well-developed support staff of APPs and a diabetes educator
- Home base at Cox Medical Center South, a 644-bed facility, Level 1 Trauma, Level 1 STEMI, and Level 1 Stroke Center
- Collaborate with Metabolic Support Services (enteral and parenteral nutrition) at Cox Medical Center South
- Other locations covered by the team, either in person or via telemedicine, include Meyer Orthopedic & Rehabilitation Hospital and Cox North (inpatient psychiatry), both in Springfield, along with Cox Medical Center Branson
- Two critical access hospitals in Monett and Lamar are covered solely via telemedicine
- M-F daytime schedule
- All inpatient and outpatient endocrinologists maintain beeper call after-hours Mon-Thurs
- 1:6 weekend call share with outpatient Endocrinologists
- Collaborate with a team-oriented outpatient endocrinology clinic that will support your inpatient service needs
- Physician-led, not-for-profit health system established in 1906
- 6 hospitals, 80+ clinics
- Serving a 1 million patient region in southwest Missouri
About Springfield, Missouri:
- Metro area population 450k+
- Numerous amenities- top rated schools, short commutes, easy access to airport for travel, abundant outdoor activities