As a Rheumatologist in Harlingen, you will not only enjoy the year-round semi-tropical temperatures, but you will also make a big impact in a community that has a tremendous need for additional Rheumatology services.
Tenet Healthcare is actively seeking a community-oriented Rheumatologist with a strong work ethic who wants to become busy quickly. Due to a large demand for Rheumatology services, we anticipate a short ramp-up period for the incoming physician.
At Tenet, our mission is to help physicians overcome the challenges that go beyond patient care. That’s why we developed Tenet Physician Resources (TPR) to provide you with everything you need.
- Full-time, employed opportunity – Available Immediately!
- Join one other Rheumatologist and one Internist in a very busy, well-established practice
- Call will be 1:3; taken one week at a time
- Outpatient clinic with Monday-Friday, regular business hours and some hospital consults
- Practice is located adjacent to Valley Baptist Medical Center – Harlingen
- In-house infusion, x-ray, and lab draw station
- Adults-only practice with 305 new patients per day and 5-6 new infusion patients per week
Some of the things we provide:
- Guaranteed salary with production bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, life, disability, 401K with matching, etc.), physician time off (vacation and CME with stipend), and malpractice insurance
- In-house billing, coding, and collections
- Website development, marketing support, and other crucial services of the practice are handled for you
- Top Executive & Administrative support, IT, HR, and legal
- MD or DO
- BE/BC with the American Board of Internal Medicine in Rheumatology
- Motivated, strong work ethic, and a desire to be involved with the community
- Spanish speaking skills a plus; however not required
How to apply:
If interested, please submit a copy of your current CV for immediate consideration. J1 visa waivers as well as non-cap exempt H1b visas can be sponsored.
All inquiries and personal information are kept confidential.
About Valley Baptist Health System:
Valley Baptist Health System, with two full service campuses and 800+ beds, is part of the Tenet Health System, a national healthcare organization with 68 hospitals and 32,000 affiliated physicians. With 2,000 employees and over 450 physicians on the medical staffs, Valley Baptist Medical Center – Harlingen and Valley Baptist Medical Center – Brownsville, are focused on quality, safety, and high level patient satisfaction. The Rio Grande Valley includes three major cities (Harlingen, Brownsville, and McAllen), and a population of about 1.3 million.
About Harlingen and the Rio Grande Valley:
The Rio Grande Valley is not only one of the fastest growing areas in Texas, but is also a scenic, cultural place like no other. Known as “Texas’ Tropical Playground”, we are located a short 40-minutes from South Padre Island.
- Year-round semi-tropical weather
- No state income tax/tort reform
- Lowest cost of living in the U.S.
- Great schools and affordable housing
- Golfing, hunting, birding, fishing, boating, etc.