The Advanced Heart Failure and Mechanical Circulatory Support division of Cardiovascular Medicine at the University of Arizona, in partnership with the Banner University Medical Center in Tucson, AZ is seeking a BC/BE Invasive Non-Interventional Heart Failure Physician. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-changing, multi-disciplinary environment. Ideally, candidates should have clinical expertise and focus on mechanical support devices and invasive hemodynamics. This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a highly respected Advanced Heart Failure program under the direction of an outstanding medical director. BUMC-Tucson is a center for heart transplantation, total artificial heart, and mechanical circulatory support serving a population of over 1.2 million. The successful candidate will receive a faculty appointment to the University of Arizona that is consistent with their credentials.
- 1.0 FTE
- Average daily patient load 6-10 per half day
- Case/procedure types: Right heart catheterization, endomyocardial biopsies, Cardiomems insertion
- 10 weeks heart failure call, in equal rotation with clinical peers
Essential Functions and Qualifications:
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Invasive Non-Interventional Cardiology
- At least 3+ years experienced preferred
- Team oriented, adaptable and comfortable working within a community hospital environment
- Strong commitment to patient care
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine; research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
Banner – University Medical Center Tucson, formerly University of Arizona Medical Center – University Campus (BUMC-T) is a nationally recognized academic medical center. We focus on providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research to help the people of Arizona and beyond. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program. BUMCT provides comprehensive adult transplant services within 5 clinical programs: Heart, Lung, Liver, Pancreas and Kidney. These programs service complex patients from the SW region with end stage organ failure and the ID clinician is an integral member of the multidisciplinary care team facilitating care throughout the continuum of the transplant process. Patients come to us for complete and personalized care of the most common and the most complex conditions. As Southern Arizona’s only Level I Trauma Center, we care for the most critically injured patients and are consistently listed among the nation’s top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. BUMC-T has been recognized with Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children’s Medical Center with specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Sign-on/relocation bonus
- Eligible for benefit coverage within 30 days
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- Loan repayment assistance
- 5 CME days, with $5,000 in reimbursement each year
- Paid malpractice, licensure & DEA registration fees
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
- Tuition benefits for you and your immediate family (qualifications/restrictions apply)
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.