Neurologist Opportunity - 75% Outpatient/ 25% Inpatient:
If you are looking to be a part of a collegial team with extensive resources, paired with quality of life - THIS MAY BE THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
Location: Lynchburg, VA
- Neurology residency
- Board eligible
- Ability to manage inpatient stroke care for patients across Centra
- Ability to interpret long term EEGs, preferred but not required
- Could have fellowship training in any subspecialty
- Position requires mix of inpatient and outpatient work, split is roughly 75% outpatient and 25% inpatient, minimum of one week/month of inpatient coverage, can offer two if desired.
- 3 Neurosurgeons
- 5 Neurologists
- 9 Advanced Practice Providers
Locations to Cover/Privileges Needed:
- Outpatient: Lynchburg CMG Neurology
- Inpatient: Lynchburg General Hospital; Telemedicine for Bedford Memorial Hospital, Southside Community Hospital and Gretna
- Dedicated neuro ICU
- Neuro step down unit
- Prolonged EEG monitoring
- 24/7 intensivist support
- 24/7 code stroke nursing coverage
- Neurointerventional and neurosurgery support
- Consult only service supported by inpatient MD/APP combination
- Centra Neurosciences program includes dedicated headache center, movement disorders center and MS clinic as well as neuromuscular services
- LGH is also a Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center.
Types of Cases/ Essential Duties:
Outpatient: new patients and established patients, procedures like Botox, nerve blocks and trigger point injections. EMG specialization helpful, but not required. Inpatient: consult only service supported by APPs during the week. Consults, rounding, LPs, primary stroke call during daytime hours, opportunity to pick up night shift stroke call.
- Outpatient: 15-18 patients/day – this is flexible dependent upon subspecialization
- Inpatient: Average census of 15 patients/daily inpatient
Schedule & Call:
Outpatient: Monday through Friday, Inpatient: Monday through Monday, 1 week a month, no clinic required during these weeks. Expectation for inpatient would be 1 weekend a month.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- $20k in upfront bonuses
- Up to $100k in student loan repayment
- Up to $10k in relocation assistance
- Up to $7,500 CME Allowance
- Matching 403(b) (100% match up to 3%)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as supplemental options
- Malpractice insurance covered
- 224 hours of allowable time off
About Centra Medical Group:
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves 600,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 4 long-term care facilities, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you’ll find the kind of leadership (physician-led), forward-thinking, and partnerships necessary to thrive in today’s healthcare marketplace. Our providers at Centra are part of Archetype Health, an ACO that delivers value-based care to our Medicare patients and populations. With the success of Archetype Health, our patients are receiving high quality care and our providers are being incentivized. Explore your exciting options with Centra Medical Group!
About CMG Neurosciences:
The CMG Neurosciences division has grown significantly in the past several years to include specialized Epilepsy services complete with epilepsy monitoring unit, neurodiagnostics and research, stroke and neurovascular services and development of a comprehensive headache center with plans for expansion to treating concussions. CMG Neurosciences has also developed a movement disorders program along with a dedicated MS Clinic to address the specific needs of these patients. This has included the development of a robust DBS program including surgical options and medical management of DBS devices. The department has 3 full time neurosurgeons trained in spine, complex spine, and vascular neurosurgery. Within the neurovascular services, the team offers a full range of clinical capability from endovascular procedures to open cerebrovascular procedures addressing AVMs, aneurysms, and tumors. Finally, the department has dedicated resources to the development of research within the Neurosciences department; these efforts will continue to expand with the subspecialty interests of other providers that join the team.
Lifestyle and Community:
Located in the heart of Virginia, Lynchburg is a thriving city known for its history, outdoor beauty, and quality of life. It’s big enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and rail service, yet small enough to be free of gridlock and urban crime rates. Lynchburg is conveniently located along the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, just three hours from Washington, D.C. and coastal beaches, and only minutes from lakefront communities, mountaintop trails, and ski slopes. The area also provides a broad range of housing options, acclaimed schools, a vibrant arts community, and temperate weather.