Memorial Hospital in Jacksonville, FL is seeking a Neuorhospitalist to work a 7 days on / 7 days off schedule - alternating with one other neurohospitalist. Memorial Hospital is a 454-bed acute care hospital offering a full line of services.
* 7 on / 7 off schedule
* Looking for a General Neurohospitalist
* Opportunity to treat a wide spectrum of neurological disorders
* Provide Inpatient consultative Neurology services
* Tele-Neurology support available for stroke calls
* Opportunity to join a support team to include clinical nurse specialists, stroke coordination and dedicated care management
* Comprehensive onsite Neurosurgery services available
Employment contract through HCA Physician Services offering competitive compensation and benefits package!
Compensation package details:
* Competitive compensation package
* Commencement bonus
* Relocation & CME allowance
* Student-loan assistance if needed
* Occurrence-based malpractice coverage
* Extensive, multi-level medical benefits package as well as dental, vision, life, short & long term disability options, and other programs offered
* HCA Healthcare’s 401 (k) retirement plan is one of the most generous plans offered by a healthcare company or large employer
* Board certified within 5 years of completing training
* Must have completed or be in the process of completing a US, ACMGE-accredited Neurology Residency
* Ability to read EEGs preferred
* Must be comfortable taking care of patients ages 16 years and older
Memorial Hospital has emerged as a state-of-the-art 454-bed, full service, acute care medical facility. For the second year in a row Memorial has been named a U.S. News & World Report best hospital and our patient safety scores, ranked by independent organizations, are some of the best in the area. Memorial Hospital is the first hospital in the United States to receive the Joint Commission’s Disease Specific Certification for Sepsis, meaning we are taking the lead in preventing and treating a medical condition that kills more people each year than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined. Memorial also received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for the third year in a row. The award recognizes Memorial’s commitment and success in implementing excellent care for stroke patients, according to evidence-based guidelines. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission of Accreditation (JCA), Memorial Hospital is known as a leader in innovative healthcare with a reputation maintained through our excellent staff, along with technological advances, growth and expansion to meet the ongoing needs of our community. Memorial has a team of more than 800 physicians and a diverse and highly skilled work force of more than 1,800 employees, whose mission is to provide the community with the highest quality of healthcare.
With a population of 1.3 million people, a low cost of living, high quality of life and wonderful climate, our region is one of the few places in the United States that is experiencing a growing population of young professionals; and trailing spouses are in luck because Forbes ranked Jacksonville in the "Top 10 Best U.S. Cities to Find a Job." Jacksonville was ranked in the top 10 of Mobility magazine’s "Best Cities for Relocating Families." Families are able to choose from a variety of top-ranked K - 12 schools and excellent colleges and universities for their children. Northeast Florida is known for its outdoor recreation opportunities, featuring 90 miles of beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the majestic St. Johns River. A short drive southeast from Memorial Hospital is Ponte Vedra Beach, home of the PGA Tour and The Players Championship (TPC) which are played at TPC Sawgrass, home of the famous 17th-hole island green. Here you will also find elegant shopping and fine dining as well as some of the highest sand dunes in Florida! Top rated beach clubs from the Lodge and Club to the Cabana Club make living here fun and exciting. Enjoy playing golf, playing tennis or other popular sports such as wakeboarding, surfing, waterskiing and boating. Another short drive northeast from Memorial Hospital is Amelia Island. This was Florida’s first luxury tourist destination. Amelia Island is named among the top 10 North American islands by Conde Nast Traveler’s Reader’s Choice Awards for seven consecutive years and is also recognized as a Top 25 Island in the World!
Jacksonville is the largest city in the US landwise. It is the largest deepwater port in the south and second largest on the US east coast. Jacksonville also has one of the largest military presence in the country, especially the US Navy. Jacksonville has over 500 diverse neighborhoods and you can choose to live in an almost rural environment, the heart of the city or near or on the beach. Average temperature in the winters runs in the 60s and lows in the 40s. This is a great city for year round outdoor activities! Jacksonville is also home to the NFL Jacksonville Jaguars and the professional soccer team Jacksonville Armada!