Advance your career as a full-time experienced academic emergency medicine physician leading our team as the emergency medicine residency program director at Mission Health Hospital located in Asheville, North Carolina.
The ideal candidate will oversee the development, application and the maintenance of certification of the program in compliance with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements and the Policies and Procedures of the Sponsoring Institution. This leadership opportunity will be available starting July 2020 with the program scheduled to open June 2021.
Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, administrative, and team-building skills. You will enjoy having complete hospital dedication and financial support for developing a top-quality program.
As program director you will be responsible for clinical teaching and supervision of residents, general administration, GME teaching and conferences, GME recruiting and interviewing, GME research, resident evaluating and mentoring, program evaluation and more.
Applicants should be board certified in emergency medicine, have previous leadership and administrative experience, be willing to combine administrative and diagnostic teaching responsibilities (50/50). Applicants should also have strong administrative and team building skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Candidate must have five years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine residency program and at least three years of graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations are highly encouraged to apply.
- Employed opportunity with access to full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Access to leadership development programs such as Leadership Education and Development (LEAD), Coach Development Academy (CDA), National Medical Leadership Conference (NMLC) and diversity and inclusion programs;
- Access to professional development tools, educational resources and CME through TeamHealth Institute
- Medical practice insurance coverage
- Association with a leading physician practice in the U.S.
- Stability of a respected industry leader
- Leadership and growth opportunities to further your career
- Access to TeamHealth’s clinician wellness program