INTERNAL MEDICINE OPPORTUNITY – OUTPATIENT CARDIOLOGY CLINIC
Centra Medical Group Stroobants Cardiovascular Center is seeking a BC/BE Internal Medicine Physician to join its growing practice based in beautiful Lynchburg, Virginia. All experience levels welcome to apply!
- Outpatient only
- Schedule: 4 or 5 day work week option; No nights, weekends, or call
- Daily schedule: 40 minutes for new patients; 20-minute follow ups
- 2 Medical Assistants to be utilized for the room and documentation
- Large, physician-lead, nationally recognized group of ambitious, board-certified cardiologists
- Recently developed a ‘centers’ approach to ensure subspecialized, attentive care for patients while maintaining a comprehensive continuum of care and promoting wellness through internal programs and tools. New providers encouraged to associate with one of the centers within first year.
- Centers include:
- Rhythm Center
- Vascular Center
- Structural Heart Center (TAVR & Congenital)
- Preventative Center (Weight management, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, etc.)
- Team of 38 current cardiologists, 2 Vascular Surgeons, 2 CT Surgeons, & 2 Wound Care Physicians
- Support from a team of 34 APPs (advanced practice providers)
- Patient navigators both in hospital and in outpatient practice
- Rounding team in hospital
- Hospital integrated
- Clinical research team within practice
- Physician leadership roles within practice
- Cardiovascular specific physician liaison to establish new referrals
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS HIGHLIGHTS
- Compensation range: $160k - $400k
- Educational loan repayment options: Up to $100k
- Upfront bonuses: $20k
- Relocation assistance: $10k
- CME allowance: $7500
- Generous benefits package
- 6 weeks’ vacation
MEDICAL GROUP HIGHLIGHTS
Centra Medical Group is part of Centra, a nationally recognized Virginia healthcare system encompassing four hospitals, regional medical centers, and more than 60 primary care/specialty practices. Centra fosters a vibrant, collaborative team environment with a strong priority on physician satisfaction—all reflected in our high employee retention rate and long staff tenure.
Best of all, you'll be working in a community that's renowned for its quality of life. The Lynchburg region has been singled out by sources such as Forbes, Newsweek, CNN Money, and Kiplinger.com for its mild climate, low cost of living (17% below national average), and its abundance of cultural, educational and recreational assets. You’ll find an amazing diversity of housing options here, ranging from historic mansions to lakefront condos...all situated just a few hours’ drive from Washington, DC, mountain ski resorts, and Virginia's coastal beaches.